+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test completed, waiting for next steps

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
Yes. Translated them and submitted. The request said all stamps not in English must be translated by certified translator.
Did you get the translation originals (requested?) or just scans? Trying to figure out if they would want to see the translations themselves in front of the camera during the interview. If not that would save a couple of hours driving to different translation people... Had to get it out to a bunch of them since I ended up having 153 stamps to be translated...

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Did you get the translation originals (requested?) or just scans? Trying to figure out if they would want to see the translations themselves in front of the camera during the interview. If not that would save a couple of hours driving to different translation people... Had to get it out to a bunch of them since I ended up having 153 stamps to be translated...
I got the original copies, and I scanned it and sent it to the agent. I think it's the best to have an original copy but I doubt they would need that for the interview, on my translation it has the translator's contact, if they want to verify the authenticity they can contact themselves. I don't think it would be a problem if you send the agent the scanned copy, maybe just let the agent know about the situation. And wow, 153 stamps... all in the same language? if not you'll have to find multiple translators.

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
I got the original copies, and I scanned it and sent it to the agent. I think it's the best to have an original copy but I doubt they would need that for the interview, on my translation it has the translator's contact, if they want to verify the authenticity they can contact themselves. I don't think it would be a problem if you send the agent the scanned copy, maybe just let the agent know about the situation. And wow, 153 stamps... all in the same language? if not you'll have to find multiple translators.
different langos... I've found them and paid a small fortune for having them translated :)))

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
Oh wow.. if you don't mind me asking, what's your office and when is your interview?
Ok, so just off the phone with IRCC: hard copies of translations are not required for the interview (2-3 hours of my life saved as well as a tank of fuel). Office is Scarborough, the interview is early next week

Reactions: adey786

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Ok, so just off the phone with IRCC: hard copies of translations are not required for the interview (2-3 hours of my life saved as well as a tank of fuel). Office is Scarborough, the interview is early next week
That's awesome to hear, good luck with the interview! I still have 2 weeks till mine :)

Sku2014

Oct 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Aug-2014
AOR Received.
20-Oct-2014
Med's Request
Up front
Med's Done....
Up front on 1-May-2015
Passport Req..
09-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-Feb-2016
LANDED..........
26-Feb-2016
Wrote my online exam on January 25, 2021 and passed (20/20). IRCC confirms that I have passed the test but nothing since then. No fingerprints requested throughout the process. Mississauga office.
Anyone else in the same boat?
I don't think finger print is a mandatory step for everyone. So, don't worry if you didn't get one. The next step is usually an interview with IRCC officer which they usually call you to schedule but that doesn't happen for everyone either. At this point, you can try raising a webform query (https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx). Many applicants would agree that if the due date is way over and if you raise a webform, you usually see some action from IRCC in an week or so. I tried myself and it worked for me as well., Good luck.

Reactions: 116sg17

116sg17

Jan 26, 2021
I don't think finger print is a mandatory step for everyone. So, don't worry if you didn't get one. The next step is usually an interview with IRCC officer which they usually call you to schedule but that doesn't happen for everyone either. At this point, you can try raising a webform query (https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx). Many applicants would agree that if the due date is way over and if you raise a webform, you usually see some action from IRCC in an week or so. I tried myself and it worked for me as well., Good luck.
Thanks for your suggestion. I will definitely give it a try. Good luck with the final steps.

dustinbee66

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
I called IRCC ,one lady confirmed that I had passed the test,till now,no interview,no decision made,waiting next step.

ridctgbd

Dec 21, 2020
Similar situation in my case. After passing the exam status became "Decision Made" within 2 days for me and my wife but for my daughter it is still "in process". Later we got oath invitation for all 3 of us although that did not happen due to some "IT issues". So, I think the thing you are seeing is normal.
Same for me too. I had my interviews done and my status changed to DM, but my son is still IP. Btw, when you got the Oath invite, did they mention anything about the minor applicants? What happens to their PR cards? I am asking this because my son (minor applicant) is out of Canada now, and since they did not need to attend oath, I didn't worry about it.

@sar_can @Sku2014 any thoughts?

Carlaf

Jan 9, 2021
What's the IRCC phone you called? I passed the online test on Feb 11th and no updates yet. What's the interview about? I need to update my phone number to IRCC and dont know how. Thanks

Reactions: little_sunshine123

Carlaf

Jan 9, 2021
I called IRCC ,one lady confirmed that I had passed the test,till now,no interview,no decision made,waiting next step.
What's the IRCC phone you called? I passed the online test on Feb 11th and no updates yet. I need to update my phone number to IRCC and dont know how. Thanks