+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test completed, waiting for next steps

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
I applied online on Dec 10 2020. My question is if there is different process for online application and paper application . The reason why I can not trace my stats on ECAS is online application, right?
ECAS has been around mostly for paper applications since forever lol.

All you need to check your status on ECAS is either your Application Number or your UCI, which you should have received in your test invite.

Then I'm assuming you know your last name, birth date, and place of birth.

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do

simfhs

Star Member
Aug 23, 2016
ECAS has been around mostly for paper applications since forever lol.

All you need to check your status on ECAS is either your Application Number or your UCI, which you should have received in your test invite.

Then I'm assuming you know your last name, birth date, and place of birth.

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do
Ecas does not show yet the status for online applicants. You have to contact IRCC to link/fix it.
Hopefully its resolved in future.

Sku2014

Oct 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Aug-2014
AOR Received.
20-Oct-2014
Med's Request
Up front
Med's Done....
Up front on 1-May-2015
Passport Req..
09-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-Feb-2016
LANDED..........
26-Feb-2016
After having the interview with IRCC officer on Mar 11, in ECAS, it now shows as decision made for me and my wife but not for my daughter (minor). Is this normal? We applied as a family and both me and my wife went through the interview on Mar 11. IRCC officer told my daughter doesn't need to appear for the interview, So I was hoping that my daughter's ECAS status should also show decision made. If anyone has any experience on this and share would be greatly appreciated.

simons

Star Member
May 10, 2019
After having the interview with IRCC officer on Mar 11, in ECAS, it now shows as decision made for me and my wife but not for my daughter (minor). Is this normal? We applied as a family and both me and my wife went through the interview on Mar 11. IRCC officer told my daughter doesn't need to appear for the interview, So I was hoping that my daughter's ECAS status should also show decision made. If anyone has any experience on this and share would be greatly appreciated.
why IRCC do the online interview for your wife and you?

V.Kartal

Jan 10, 2021
After having the interview with IRCC officer on Mar 11, in ECAS, it now shows as decision made for me and my wife but not for my daughter (minor). Is this normal? We applied as a family and both me and my wife went through the interview on Mar 11. IRCC officer told my daughter doesn't need to appear for the interview, So I was hoping that my daughter's ECAS status should also show the decision made. If anyone has any experience on this and share would be greatly appreciated.
Yes, It is completely normal. Your minor child's status remains In-Process until you and your wife take the Oath.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sku2014

matlal

Apr 28, 2010
Ontario,Canada
Visa Office......
New Dehli
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 1,2010
AOR Received.
2nd AOR - New Delhi - April 27,2010
File Transfer...
March 24,2010
Med's Request
27-04-2011
Med's Done....
06-05-2011
Passport Req..
27-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
Feb 26 2012
I pass the online test, the score is 20 out of 20 today. what is the next step? ONline application: dec 10 2020, AOR: Fev 26 2021, test inviitation: March 11,2021, online test pass: March 15 2021.
That's super fast. Only if they had done online, a long time ago. April May June 2019 applications are still pending. My application must be sailing on a row boat...and the 2020 application on a fancy supersonic yatch. Nice

Sku2014

Oct 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Aug-2014
AOR Received.
20-Oct-2014
Med's Request
Up front
Med's Done....
Up front on 1-May-2015
Passport Req..
09-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-Feb-2016
LANDED..........
26-Feb-2016
why IRCC do the online interview for your wife and you?
Most of the applicants getting IRCC calls for interview after passing the online test. It's something routine I believe just to talk to you in person.

My query was on my daughter who is a minor and her ECAS status still shows "In process" even though mine and my wife's show as "decision made". So, I was asking if this is normal since she is a minor. Or should her ECAS also been shown as "decision made"?

Reactions: little_sunshine123

V.Kartal

Jan 10, 2021
Hi everyone,

I thought I would make a thread for anyone who is in the same situation as me so that we can share/compare our experiences/next steps.

I received an invite on November 27, 2020 to take the online citizenship test between December 1, 2020 and December 21, 2020. I passed the test on December 3rd and am now waiting for what happens next. Please kindly let me know if you are in the same situation and if you have received any next steps toward an eventual oath ceremony.

Cheers,
Phil
The next step would be an interview with an officer via Zoom or you directly will be invited for oath ceremony. No worries. Please have your documents such as your passports and Ids ready in case they call for an interview.

Sku2014

Oct 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Aug-2014
AOR Received.
20-Oct-2014
Med's Request
Up front
Med's Done....
Up front on 1-May-2015
Passport Req..
09-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-Feb-2016
LANDED..........
26-Feb-2016
The next step would be an interview with an officer via Zoom or you directly will be invited for oath ceremony. No worries. Please have your documents such as your passports and Ids ready in case they call for an interview.
Try raising a webform query (https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx). Many applicants would agree that if the due date is way over and if you raise a webform, you usually see some action from IRCC in an week or so. I tried myself and it worked for me as well., So, best of luck.

sar_can

Nov 2, 2014
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/05/2014
Med's Request
6/11/2014
Most of the applicants getting IRCC calls for interview after passing the online test. It's something routine I believe just to talk to you in person.

My query was on my daughter who is a minor and her ECAS status still shows "In process" even though mine and my wife's show as "decision made". So, I was asking if this is normal since she is a minor. Or should her ECAS also been shown as "decision made"?
Similar situation in my case. After passing the exam status became "Decision Made" within 2 days for me and my wife but for my daughter it is still "in process". Later we got oath invitation for all 3 of us although that did not happen due to some "IT issues". So, I think the thing you are seeing is normal.

Reactions: Sku2014

Sku2014

Oct 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Aug-2014
AOR Received.
20-Oct-2014
Med's Request
Up front
Med's Done....
Up front on 1-May-2015
Passport Req..
09-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-Feb-2016
LANDED..........
26-Feb-2016
Similar situation in my case. After passing the exam status became "Decision Made" within 2 days for me and my wife but for my daughter it is still "in process". Later we got oath invitation for all 3 of us although that did not happen due to some "IT issues". So, I think the thing you are seeing is normal.
Did you get a rescheduled date yet?

116sg17

Jan 26, 2021
Wrote my online exam on January 25, 2021 and passed (20/20). IRCC confirms that I have passed the test but nothing since then. No fingerprints requested throughout the process. Mississauga office.
Anyone else in the same boat?