+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test completed, waiting for next steps

hola1997

Star Member
Dec 5, 2019
They gave you another date so I would suggest not to bother them. Just take the oath on the new date. How far into the future the new date is anyways?
They didn't say when, they just said they will reschedule me so it's the wait again.

hola1997

Star Member
Dec 5, 2019
Did you give IRCC a call to inquire? Maybe the agent can give you more insight on why they made last minute change!
I just did on this morning! The agent on the line just said the only notes so far on my file is that my oath will be rescheduled and there are no new notes on what the verification process/changes meant. She said that my fingerprints and everything else looks valid so I'm not sure what they want to do with my file. She told me to call again next week if there are no new updates.

sssnnn

Feb 23, 2021
Hey,
Test: 27th of December
Interview: 12 February
DM: 23 February

Waiting for oath, anyone can help with a timeline for that?
Thank you,

116sg17

Jan 26, 2021
I just did on this morning! The agent on the line just said the only notes so far on my file is that my oath will be rescheduled and there are no new notes on what the verification process/changes meant. She said that my fingerprints and everything else looks valid so I'm not sure what they want to do with my file. She told me to call again next week if there are no new updates.
I feel so sad reading this. After such a long wait one gets the test invite and finally the oath invite. It is sad that they reschedule the oath which is the final step without providing any reasons.

blingyrie

May 10, 2017
This is indeed very strange. Call them again and demand to know exact details. Also send webform and email using the email address you received the invite from. I would be badgering them daily for the info.

hola1997

Star Member
Dec 5, 2019
This is indeed very strange. Call them again and demand to know exact details. Also send webform and email using the email address you received the invite from. I would be badgering them daily for the info.
I might call them in 2 days, just submitted a GCMS notes request. Maybe they saw that my file processing is way too fast so they wanted to make me wait like others.

Reactions: blingyrie

116sg17

Jan 26, 2021
I might call them in 2 days, just submitted a GCMS notes request. Maybe they saw that my file processing is way too fast so they wanted to make me wait like others.
I have a feeling it could be happening because your immigration and/or criminality check might have expired. These are both valid for 1 year. Anyways, your GCMS notes will tell you if that is the case. I think all the checks must be valid until you take the oath so they might be processing those checks again. Good luck.

hola1997

Star Member
Dec 5, 2019
I have a feeling it could be happening because your immigration and/or criminality check might have expired. These are both valid for 1 year. Anyways, your GCMS notes will tell you if that is the case. I think all the checks must be valid until you take the oath so they might be processing those checks again. Good luck.
I hope not but we'll see! With COVID-19, I feel like it'll take more than 30 days for them to even process my GCMS notes. On the other hand, I sent a webform to them and might call them again in a few days to check if there's any new notes. Thanks for your insights and encouragement!

Reactions: 116sg17

Sku2014

Oct 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Aug-2014
AOR Received.
20-Oct-2014
Med's Request
Up front
Med's Done....
Up front on 1-May-2015
Passport Req..
09-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-Feb-2016
LANDED..........
26-Feb-2016
Hey,
Test: 27th of December
Interview: 12 February
DM: 23 February

Waiting for oath, anyone can help with a timeline for that?
Thank you,
What was the interview about on Feb 12 after you completed the test? Do we always get interview after the test? If yes, what to expect in that? I finished my test on Feb 9, so it would be helpful for me to understand the next step.

Sku2014

Oct 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Aug-2014
AOR Received.
20-Oct-2014
Med's Request
Up front
Med's Done....
Up front on 1-May-2015
Passport Req..
09-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-Feb-2016
LANDED..........
26-Feb-2016
I've got the online test invitation on Feb 2 and completed the test on Feb 9, but ECAS status doesn't have any mention of test invitation sent. Is this normal?

hola1997

Star Member
Dec 5, 2019
I've got the online test invitation on Feb 2 and completed the test on Feb 9, but ECAS status doesn't have any mention of test invitation sent. Is this normal?
Yes

What was the interview about on Feb 12 after you completed the test? Do we always get interview after the test? If yes, what to expect in that? I finished my test on Feb 9, so it would be helpful for me to understand the next step.
Since they have transitioned to online, no interviews are not always mandatory though they may request one if they need you to clarify on some documents. Else, you wait for oath.

Reactions: Sku2014 and 116sg17

116sg17

Jan 26, 2021
Interviews are not mandatory right now. Some people get interview request and some simply receive the oath invitation sometime after the test. The contents of the interview are confidential. In general, I think the purpose of the interview is to get some clarity and make sure there are no discrepancies in the application. If they ask for interview, they will always tell you what documents they want to see. Good luck.

Reactions: Sku2014

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
Yup, it won’t change from whatever your last line was. You will see the status change though. At some point it’ll change to “Decision Made.” After that, it’ll finally update to “Complete” when you do your oath and they receive your oath form.

Reactions: Sku2014 and 116sg17