+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test completed, waiting for next steps

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi guys thanks so much for creating this forum thread.
Unfortunately, for me I had to retake my test because I had some technically difficulty uploading my ID card.
First time the questions was so easy 20/20 but this time it was really hard I guess maybe I just wanted to get it over with I just flip through pages took a deep breath and did it. 18/20.
Let hope nothing screw up this time as it's frustrating we had to wait since August 2019.
My time line
August 2019- Family application
September 2019-Missing signature resend application
February 2020- Finally got letter for April 2020 test
March 2020- Test cancel due to Covid 19 ugh
June 2021- Online test invite
July 6 - test completed test was easy but missing my ID card
July 21- invitation to retake test
July 22- just finish my test and found you guys

Questions
  1. Is there a spreadsheet link can someone send me.
  2. What's the avg time until Oath Cermony
  3. How long after for citizenship certificate?
Thanks in advance
1. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1V2kMI1QtzlMj8k4shG0IBLnS8GqOhoJDkem5HloNe0I/edit#gid=224875574

2. This is a tricky one. There isn't a standard processing time. Greatly varies between applicants (even applicants with the same processing office". To avoid disappointment, I'd say expect 3 - 5 months for oath after the test status is validated (but it could happen much sooner than that).

3. After oath, it could take anywhere between 4 business days and 6 weeks to receive the citizenship certificate depending on when the office ships it out and where you live.

Reactions: Spiceislegirl

Spiceislegirl

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
1. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1V2kMI1QtzlMj8k4shG0IBLnS8GqOhoJDkem5HloNe0I/edit#gid=224875574

2. This is a tricky one. There isn't a standard processing time. Greatly varies between applicants (even applicants with the same processing office". To avoid disappointment, I'd say expect 3 - 5 months for oath after the test status is validated (but it could happen much sooner than that).

3. After oath, it could take anywhere between 4 business days and 6 weeks to receive the citizenship certificate depending on when the office ships it out and where you live.

Ok! Thanks so much.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

g20403061

May 4, 2021
1.5 months has passed since Decision Made , but I didn't received the invitation of attending citizenship ceremony yet.
In 11 days, the oath of citizenship ceremony will begin. When it will send me the invitation of attending citizenship oath?
Did anyone meet something like this? Do we need to contact them and ask them send my invitation again?

Last edited:

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
3 months since I completed my test. Nothing since then. This is unacceptable. Even my PR renewal application may take 5 months to be finalized. I am basically under their mercy now, because I cannot leave Canada if I wanted to :rolleyes:

Spiceislegirl

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
Thank you for responding
We are same location.
So your case decision made or just test completed ?

I checked on the The Citizenship Application Tracker and the citizenship test shows Completed. Status updated as of July 26.
I completed the citizenship test on July 23.
Background check also shows completed. The rest are in progress.

Spiceislegirl

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
3 months since I completed my test. Nothing since then. This is unacceptable. Even my PR renewal application may take 5 months to be finalized. I am basically under their mercy now, because I cannot leave Canada if I wanted to :rolleyes:
My PR card expired as well. I was planning on renewing until I got email asking us to take test so I figured they started to process our application.

Please note you can leave Canada check CIC website for more info.

Reactions: CaBeaver

Spiceislegirl

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
1.5 months has passed since Decision Made , but I didn't received the invitation of attending citizenship ceremony yet.
In 11 days, the oath of citizenship ceremony will begin. When it will send me the invitation of attending citizenship oath?
Did anyone meet something like this? Do we need to contact them and ask them send my invitation again?
I don't think so they should email you. Don't forget to check your junk email as well.