+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test completed, waiting for next steps

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello, got invited to do online test, but i am out of country, thinking of reschedule my test is this a good idea? I don't mind waiting longer.
Well, you don't have a choice unless you want to fly back to Canada and do the test. Reschedule the test for a later date. Give them a tentative timeline of when you'll be back.

Nova Scotia

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
Just a quick update on my end, almost 3 months after taking the test I got an email with an interview invite yesterday. They only asked for colour copies of my passport. However, having read everyone's points I'm now worried about passport stamp translations. Has anyone gone through this recently? My stamps mostly have arrows coming in and out of the country but I also have stamps with dates and entry/exit words in languages other than English and French. I'm trying to get quotes and I'm trying to decide if I should go through with it before the interview. I would really appreciate any recent interview experience regarding these stamps. I'm glad that my office (Halifax) is finally picking up my application. Wishing all the best to my fellow Nova Scotia (@Nova Scotia, I'm hoping you've gotten news too) applicants and to everyone else.
Sorry I just saw this post... Was away from the forum for some time... Yes I got decision made (timeline in my signature)! I think you are really close to decision made now! :)

zeyzey6

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
Sorry I just saw this post... Was away from the forum for some time... Yes I got decision made (timeline in my signature)! I think you are really close to decision made now! :)
I am so happy for you!!! I hope you get your Oath invite soon! This is such great news. I'll keep my fingers crossed for both of us. Let me know if you get an Oath invite.

• Love
Reactions: Nova Scotia

Nova Scotia

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
I am so happy for you!!! I hope you get your Oath invite soon! This is such great news. I'll keep my fingers crossed for both of us. Let me know if you get an Oath invite.
Thank you! Yes I will definitely update you when I get the oath invite! :)

Elmaagbontaen

Apr 20, 2017
Hi,
I did my online test today and passed. After I passed the test, there are two things that are freaking me out.
1. I used my PR card as my id proof for the picture and it was very tricky to get a clear picture. However my pr card has no signature and the instructions say that we need to use ID card with signature on it
Would that be a problem?
2. I did not open any new tabs once I started the exam. However there were two tabs opened previously.i.e one tab had the email to which the test link was sent and the other tab was the exam registration tab. Do you think this would be a problem?
I just had same issue. I literally just finished my test 10 minutes ago and I noticed that the cic tab that had the email which I clicked to get the link was still opened while I did my citizenship test. How did it work out for you? were you asked to rewrite?

perpetualwait

May 27, 2021
Anyone post May 2020 here who has completed test and got interview or Oath invite? Seems like people post May 2020 months have been waiting for few months/weeks now post test with March 2020 and before getting DMs. Reading on the forum looks like DM for them could be anywhere from 2-3 weeks.

Looks like post test IRCC is going by submission date and prioritizing those applications. Guess rest of us will have to wait a while.

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Anyone post May 2020 here who has completed test and got interview or Oath invite? Seems like people post May 2020 months have been waiting for few months/weeks now post test with March 2020 and before getting DMs. Reading on the forum looks like DM for them could be anywhere from 2-3 weeks.

Looks like post test IRCC is going by submission date and prioritizing those applications. Guess rest of us will have to wait a while.
How can they clear 2020/2021 when there are still 2018/2019 applications pending. strange .

krishtian

Star Member
Nov 7, 2020

I'm March2020 applicant and still waiting for DM/Oath.

Ghledhow

Star Member
Apr 2, 2016
Hey. I just got an invite for interview. Inwas told to provide 5 year travel document. I traveled to Dubai in jan 2014 which is outside the time period. My question is do i need to translate the stamp as it is in my passport. I came to Canada in 2016 and i have not left since.

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
Hey. I just got an invite for interview. Inwas told to provide 5 year travel document. I traveled to Dubai in jan 2014 which is outside the time period. My question is do i need to translate the stamp as it is in my passport. I came to Canada in 2016 and i have not left since.
Dubai's stamps are in Arabic and english already so I don't think you need to translate them.

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
were you a residence of Dubai -UAE at some point in life ? were you born there ? If yes then get ready for the delay and some real tough questions., because alot of people who immigrate from UAE tend to return after getting citizenship.. iF you were there just for a visit then it should be fine. The officer asked me questions about 10 to 15 years ago which was way off the time period i provided.

Ghledhow

Star Member
Apr 2, 2016
were you a residence of Dubai -UAE at some point in life ? were you born there ? If yes then get ready for the delay and some real tough questions., because alot of people who immigrate from UAE tend to return after getting citizenship.. iF you were there just for a visit then it should be fine. The officer asked me questions about 10 to 15 years ago which was way off the time period i provided.
Thank you for the response. Also my spouce and I have the same interview time. Are we supposed to appear together or on different computers.

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Thank you for the response. Also my spouce and I have the same interview time. Are we supposed to appear together or on different computers.
I am not sure but i believe if you applied together , go together coz u dont wanna end up each person with a different answer to the same question.

Last edited: