AOR Received.
15/03/2017
Med's Request
Upfront on 27/03/2017
Med's Done....
Medicals passed 25/05/2017
LANDED..........
InLand.
I took the test on August 7, 2021. The status was set to Completed a few days after. I got the interview invite via email on October 22, 2021. It means that it took slightly less than 3 months. Hopefully, it won't take that long to get the Oath invite after the interview.
Whats did they ask in the interview? I'm scheduled for an interview next week, haven't received an email yet and I'm outside Canada, that should be a problem isn't it ?

andrews.juchem

Star Member
Oct 16, 2020
Whats did they ask in the interview? I'm scheduled for an interview next week, haven't received an email yet and I'm outside Canada, that should be a problem isn't it ?
My interview is on Thursday. I'm also outside Canada and the Calgary office replied to me (by email) saying that it is fine. I've no idea what they will ask me in the interview.

MAS29

Aug 31, 2021
Hello Everyone, I really need some quick assistance, I’ve an oath ceremony on 25th Nov and next day I’ve to travel…..my question is I’m I eligible to travel with my current passport and come back, thanks

jv35

Sep 21, 2018
Have you tried asking if you can take the interview from outside Canada? Which office is processing your application? I've been scheduled for an interview and I'm outside too. Just trying to figure out if I can take it outside.

Spiceislegirl

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
Hello Everyone, I really need some quick assistance, I’ve an oath ceremony on 25th Nov and next day I’ve to travel…..my question is I’m I eligible to travel with my current passport and come back, thanks
I know pre pandemic we had to turn in our passports at the OATH Ceremony. Not sure how it works since everything is virtual. I think you should give them a call to find out.

Last edited:

VijayReddyTirupari

Star Member
May 11, 2013
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
20/11/2016
Doc's Request.
26/11/2016
Nomination.....
20/12/2016
AOR Received.
15/03/2017
Med's Request
Upfront on 27/03/2017
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
InLand.
Have you tried asking if you can take the interview from outside Canada? Which office is processing your application? I've been scheduled for an interview and I'm outside too. Just trying to figure out if I can take it outside.
I just got an email invite for an interview. In the email, they ask to email if outside Canada just like the one for the test outside with name, application number, and start date&end date. Also asked to sign consent for using Microsoft teams for the interview process.

Reactions: RoseDB and Mus87

jv35

Sep 21, 2018
I just got an email invite for an interview. In the email, they ask to email if outside Canada just like the one for the test outside with name, application number, and start date&end date. Also asked to sign consent for using Microsoft teams for the interview process.
I got the same instructions but I haven't emailed them to say that I'm outside Canada. I am not sure if they will allow me to take the test outside or if I will be rescheduled to a later date when I am able to travel to Canada. Honestly, I don't want more delays in my process..but it's also hard to make sudden travel plans so just trying to get as much info in the forum as possible.

Last edited:

Mus87

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
What’s your timeline and office location please?

VijayReddyTirupari

Star Member
May 11, 2013
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
20/11/2016
Doc's Request.
26/11/2016
Nomination.....
20/12/2016
AOR Received.
15/03/2017
Med's Request
Upfront on 27/03/2017
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
InLand.
What’s your timeline and office location please?
May 2020
Nov 2 2020 AOR
Dec 16 2020 In Process
Sept 20 2021 Test completed
Nov 2 2021 Interview scheduled

RoseDB

Star Member
Jul 15, 2017
I got the same instructions but I haven't emailed them to say that I'm outside Canada. I am not sure if they will allow me to take the test outside or if I will be rescheduled to a later date when I am able to travel to Canada. Honestly, I don't want more delays in my process..but it's also hard to make sudden travel plans so just trying to get as much info in the forum as possible.
@jv35: I took my test yesterday, and I am outside of Canada. So go ahead and write that email with ur UCI & APP and dates stating you are outside of Canada. Don't delay on taking your test.

What is your timeframe on the Test?

RoseDB

Star Member
Jul 15, 2017
@VijayReddyTirupari, Do you know if most of the applicants get interview? Could you provide more info on your application date and test complete dates?
I spoke to someone on a forum and they told me that they took the test when outside of Canada and got a call in few days. The officer asked "When do they plan to comeback to Canada". Expect this question.

RoseDB

Star Member
Jul 15, 2017
In online Oath ceremonies- ppl in this forum shares that they will make you cut your PR card.
So are you travelling outside of Canada? if yes, so to return back to Canada you will need your PR card.
If you travel on ur current passport (NOT CANADIAN) going out of country will not be an issue but returning to Canada may.
You can ask in your ceremony if you can come back in country on the Oath Certificate and later apply for Canadian Citizenship?

Also, if travelling is must apply for 2 day passport service. I think they have 2 and 10 day options.

Ganeshmoola

Oct 27, 2021
May 2020
Nov 2 2020 AOR
Dec 16 2020 In Process
Sept 20 2021 Test completed
Nov 2 2021 Interview scheduled
Hello Vijay, does all sections show as completed for you. I finished my citizenship test on Oct 7th and citizenship status show as completed, others in progress. What worries me is, my partner who took the test the next day, have all the status show as completed.