+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test completed, waiting for next steps

maasjoe

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
Currently, oath dates are being scheduled from anywhere between September and February 2022. It depends on the office. Several 2020 September applicants and applicants from other months have got oath dates in December 2021, Jan and Feb 2022.
I was just about to ask if the is an Oath schedule. From what i've read, it sounds like there is one in September. Is the next one in December 2021? no ceremony between now and then? Is it like the is a schedule...like a ceremony every x months? if yes, what is x?

Jetrocker

Jul 30, 2013
Hi, I'm going to write my test in a few days. But prior to that, I want to clarify few things. Please find my queries below:

1) In order to access the test, I would have to click on the link given in the PDF test instruction letter right?

2) Does the webcam needed for the test have to be in a particular configuration or any webcam is fine?

3) Do I need to download any software similar to Flash Player for the test to run without glitches? I no longer have Flash Player as Adobe has ended it but just want to make sure if I need to have any other software?

4) I wear prescription glasses. So would it be ok if I have my glasses on while taking my photograph and throughout the test?

5) As for the ID proof, do I need to take both front and back photos of the id or only the front?

6) As I have allergy problems, I tend to sneeze sometimes. So in case I have to unavoidably sneeze in between the test, would it create any issues with IRCC?

7) Finally, which are the best websites for practice tests?

Sorry for the long list of queries, but just doing my due diligence before writing the actual test.

Last edited:

PEQ2013

Star Member
Oct 10, 2013
I can answer your questions since I just did my test on Monday and got 20/20. It shows "completed" on tracker since yesterday.

Hi, I'm going to write my test in a few days. But prior to that, I want to clarify few things. Please find my queries below:

1) In order to access the test, I would have to click on the link given in the PDF test instruction letter right?

2) Does the webcam needed for the test have to be in a particular configuration or any webcam is fine?

3) Do I need to download any software similar to Flash Player for the test to run without glitches? I no longer have Flash Player as Adobe has ended it but just want to make sure if I need to have any other software?

4) I wear prescription glasses. So would it be ok if I have my glasses on while taking my photograph and throughout the test?

5) As for the ID proof, do I need to take both front and back photos of the id or only the front?

6) As I have allergy problems, I tend to sneeze sometimes. So in case I have to unavoidably sneeze in between the test, would it create any issues with IRCC?

7) Finally, which are the best websites for practice tests?

Sorry for the long list of queries, but just doing my due diligence before writing the actual test.
1) Yes, that's what I did.

2) I just used the webcam on my laptop, which has a rather average resolution.

3) No, I used chrome and nothing was installed.

4) I also wear glasses and I didn't take them off.

5) Just the front.

6) I don't think so. I think it reassures them if they see you move a bit actually.

7) Tons of resources on this thread: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/notes-from-discover-canada-preparation-for-the-citizenship-test.734507/ I think some questions on some practice site are a bit dubious and I don't necessarily agree with their answers. You should read the book and take notes yourselves (I read through the book three times).

Reactions: Hash1979

Imef

Jun 26, 2021
I can answer your questions since I just did my test on Monday and got 20/20. It shows "completed" on tracker since yesterday.

1) Yes, that's what I did.

2) I just used the webcam on my laptop, which has a rather average resolution.

3) No, I used chrome and nothing was installed.

4) I also wear glasses and I didn't take them off.

5) Just the front.

6) I don't think so. I think it reassures them if they see you move a bit actually.

7) Tons of resources on this thread: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/notes-from-discover-canada-preparation-for-the-citizenship-test.734507/ I think some questions on some practice site are a bit dubious and I don't necessarily agree with their answers. You should read the book and take notes yourselves (I read through the book three times).
congratulations, I did my exam on Tuesday as well and passed with 17/20. And you also correct on the questions on the practise test. They are lil dubious. I have question tho, does your background status and test only shows completed ✅ or you have other completed as well? Because mine changed to completed yesterday as well but it’s just the two. The rest still showing in process

PEQ2013

Star Member
Oct 10, 2013
congratulations, I did my exam on Tuesday as well and passed with 17/20. And you also correct on the questions on the practise test. They are lil dubious. I have question tho, does your background status and test only shows completed ✅ or you have other completed as well? Because mine changed to completed yesterday as well but it’s just the two. The rest still showing in process
Well, you are lucky. On mine, only test says completed.

raaj051

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
My Fingerprints was done on January 2020 and test done on August 2021. So my question is this, do I need to give fingerprint again and is it necessary to do after one year ?

Rai@81

Sep 26, 2019
Bro have you linked your application to my account , I did my exam day before 2 time ,this time I passed the exam, but I did mistake don't take my pr card photo ,any idea

Imef

Jun 26, 2021
Bro have you linked your application to my account , I did my exam day before 2 time ,this time I passed the exam, but I did mistake don't take my pr card photo ,any idea
[/QUOTE
Ops! If you did not take the photo ID, they might have you to redo the test.

eanassah

Sep 23, 2021
Hello everyone,

I wrote my citizenship test on July 14, 2021. I immediately got the results via e-mail - PASS. On July 16.

Today it is September 23, 2021 (over 2 months) and I have not heard anything from them at all. Is this normal waiting time? I was under the impression that within couple of weeks I would either get a request for an interview or some alternatively some information for the Oath Ceremony.

My online status says:
  • Language skills
    In progress
  • Physical presence
    In progress
  • Citizenship test
    Completed
  • Background verification
    Completed
  • Prohibitions
    In progress
  • Citizenship ceremony