+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online Citizenship Applications

FR

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
I'm opening this room for discussions and brainstorming about the process of the Online Citizenship Applications. Let's share our thoughts and challenges.

damo411

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
My friend go and apply through paper route, except you want you file to gather dust for more than 6months with no update

Reactions: FR

wink

May 25, 2021
What we know till now:

- From the IRCC internal memo, for the period October'21 to March'22, IRCC would process only 5000 online applications.
- October'21 online applications just started to move a bit in the last month also.
- Thought it started to move, still the rate of movement seems to be very slow. i.e. only handful of applications made a move in two months.
- Looking at the most of Oct and Nov applications, they are already close to 300 days (since delivery date). Looks like by the time they come to Jan, Feb it would be 350+ days. This is just to start the process. Add another 6 to 8 months to DM is my guess.
- This reminding me of later 2019 and early 2020 applications where IRCC just left them and started to process the application received later part of 2020. They put them in backlog and decided to revisit later. They did process them eventually, but it took way longer compared to late 2020 applications.

Till we get the report (@wksj is waiting for) on what's their plan for online applications, we could only make guesses. But looks like they informed him that only by Sept this report would be available.

Reactions: FR