+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online Citizenship application

brankd

Star Member
Apr 28, 2020
1. Do I need to sign any documents when applying online for Citizenship?

2. What should be the application date on the Physical present calculator? Should it be the same as when I am applying?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
1. Do I need to sign any documents when applying online for Citizenship?

2. What should be the application date on the Physical present calculator? Should it be the same as when I am applying?
Are u planning for Paper or Online application?

Ans for 2. Yes

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
where should I upload my physical present calculation document?
Follow the instructions on the online application once you log-in. It's fairly simple and straightforward.
You don't upload the physical presence calculation pdf online. The new version of the online application requires you to enter the dates in the online form

Reactions: brankd

brankd

Star Member
Apr 28, 2020
Follow the instructions on the online application once you log-in. It's fairly simple and straightforward.
You don't upload the physical presence calculation pdf online. The new version of the online application requires you to enter the dates in the online form
Got it, thanks

Romiz321

Jul 6, 2023
Can anyone pls tell how to deal with the gaps in the transit dates while filling online Canadian citizenship form .. it won't validate for transits .. and how to continue (residence and tax ).. has anyone applied recently plsss plsss help from India to Canada is obviously 24 hrs so with an extra stay in airport the date will definitely change I am. Sick of this plsss help someone

Seniors please respond. I'm stuck here. Need your input badly.

Also, for the PCC from India I have recently got it due to Job purpose here in Canada. It's just two months old. I'm hoping I can use the same PCC for applying citizenship

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Can anyone pls tell how to deal with the gaps in the transit dates while filling online Canadian citizenship form .. it won't validate for transits .. and how to continue (residence and tax ).. has anyone applied recently plsss plsss help from India to Canada is obviously 24 hrs so with an extra stay in airport the date will definitely change I am. Sick of this plsss help someone

Seniors please respond. I'm stuck here. Need your input badly.

Also, for the PCC from India I have recently got it due to Job purpose here in Canada. It's just two months old. I'm hoping I can use the same PCC for applying citizenship
What do you mean by transit? You have to put the date you left Canada and the date you entered Canada.

You can use the PCC.

Romiz321

Jul 6, 2023
Yes u r right .. but from India to Canada is more than 24 hrs
Feb 27 departure from Montreal and arrival is march 1 in India … ( more than a day )
Also once I had a delay in Germany I was given a hotel in the airport how so in transit i was more than a day how do I explain this it won’t give an option

lastly 1 apr was departure and arrival in India was 3 April but on the pp it’s sealed as 4 April I don’t understand this I’m so confused with all this

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Yes u r right .. but from India to Canada is more than 24 hrs
Feb 27 departure from Montreal and arrival is march 1 in India … ( more than a day )
Also once I had a delay in Germany I was given a hotel in the airport how so in transit i was more than a day how do I explain this it won’t give an option

lastly 1 apr was departure and arrival in India was 3 April but on the pp it’s sealed as 4 April I don’t understand this I’m so confused with all this
If the above is in year 2021. So in Presence Calculator 2021-02-27(From) and X-Date(To date when you landed in Canada back)
So it does not matter when you landed in India. What matters is the exit date and the entry date.

Delay in Germany and all is of no concern to IRCC and all that gets consolidated as your Trip to India

For the 4th April thing, arrival in India is of no concern to IRCC. Its only exit and entry date from Canada which matters.

Romiz321

Jul 6, 2023
Thanks for the reply, but I don’t know if you are familiar with online application in that we have a section resident and tax where you have to put all the entry and exit dates, and that only except if there is no gap in travel dates since 27 to March 1 there is a difference the system don’t validate at all likewise April 1 to April 3. These are my exact dates on my tickets too if the system itself does not validate, how will I proceed

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Thanks for the reply, but I don’t know if you are familiar with online application in that we have a section resident and tax where you have to put all the entry and exit dates, and that only except if there is no gap in travel dates since 27 to March 1 there is a difference the system don’t validate at all likewise April 1 to April 3. These are my exact dates on my tickets too if the system itself does not validate, how will I proceed
How long were your trips to India which you putting in "Resident and Tax" section and also are those trips before or after you got your PR?

Romiz321

Jul 6, 2023
with the resident and taxes it’s more of addresses where you lived, so when I lived in India for more than 7 to 8 months I have to mention the exact departure date and arrival date to Canada and that’s where the problem lies since the transit is more than one or two days. In some cases it’s not accepting.