+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online Citizenship Application

applicant789

Aug 7, 2021
I applied for citizenship online in June and after reading other members comments I really regret this decision. I wonder if any of you called IRCC and asked for clarification for why are online applications taking longer than paper based? The website doesn't indicate any difference in processing time yet it seems that the delays in online applications based on the tracker is not an exception.

applicant789

Aug 7, 2021
Is this expected to be improved??
Is there a reason why online applications are taking that long?
Does that mean the overall timeline for online applicants will be longer than the 12 months that is on IRCC's website?
Sorry for the multiple questions but I cannot find any official information anywhere and I am really worried about my application.

nvteja

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Is this expected to be improved??
Is there a reason why online applications are taking that long?
Does that mean the overall timeline for online applicants will be longer than the 12 months that is on IRCC's website?
Sorry for the multiple questions but I cannot find any official information anywhere and I am really worried about my application.
Your guess is as good as mine! Lol I have no idea. I applied online in June as well and I am not expecting AOR before December which means that we might not get our oath before 2022 December.

Reactions: akoa

Rubydairy

Star Member
Jan 12, 2017
Expect 6 months to get AOR. IRCC is currently processing February online applications.
Submitted online on March 4, no AOR till date, not even an email after submission. Their website says they are sending AOR for applications received will of May 14, 2021. Tried reaching them all I get is automated responses. How do I even know if the application was successful?

Matt@123

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
Hi, Friends I have just started filling up online citizenship checklist form of cit0002e-2. However, I am having trouble filling out Tax year column (it is not letting me to type anything where its asking to enter the tax year as well as language proof required to select proof of evidence you will be submitting from the below option but its all greyed out. I couldn't type or select anything from there too. I have downloaded new form and tried. It's still the same. Is anyone having same the issue ? or anyone had a chance to figure out the issue. if so, Please help me out to here. Thanks for your time.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi, Friends I have just started filling up online citizenship checklist form of cit0002e-2. However, I am having trouble filling out Tax year column (it is not letting me to type anything where its asking to enter the tax year as well as language proof required to select proof of evidence you will be submitting from the below option but its all greyed out. I couldn't type or select anything from there too. I have downloaded new form and tried. It's still the same. Is anyone having same the issue ? or anyone had a chance to figure out the issue. if so, Please help me out to here. Thanks for your time.
You'll have to fill out other sections of the form (like your eligibility period) before the tax question is open for editing. You will NOT be filling in the year manually, I think it'll be auto-populated based on your eligibility period.

Matt@123

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
Thank you so much for your. It was very helpful. Hopefully, language proof submission won't be an issue.