+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship application opening on 1st January 2021

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
I submitted my citizenship application a few weeks ago with the help of a representative, I wonder if it would be possible to withdraw it and submit a new application online once the system is up and running.
as of now there is nothing you can do,you can only withdraw it once you receive the AOR which currently takes a few months so at the end you are not making it any faster plus once the AOR is issued if you do withdraw your application you will lose the processing fee $530.

Reactions: Coco7

avm

Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
File Transfer...
N/A
Folks I need your opinion,

Actually in this month ( December) I am planning apply for Citizenship for whole family.
The question is Whether I need to until January to get updates from IRCC for online citizenship application for family?
Or
Should I proceed with general paper application in this month ?

suggestions appreciated.

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013

Actually in this month ( December) I am planning apply for Citizenship for whole family.
The question is Whether I need to until January to get updates from IRCC for online citizenship application for family?
Or

suggestions appreciated.
hi,this is really hard to tell because as of now we don't know if the online application will be expanded to include family applications and so..so the decision is yours?
personally,i would wait a couple weeks in case some new releases comes out,but that is just my own opinion.

Reactions: avm

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
Thanks @harirajmohan. Is this official and ready to use? I mean to say....there's hasn't been any official posting from CIC on this.
I am wondering if we can use it already?
This link (https://citapply-citdemande.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/landing?fbclid=IwAR0fuVZfg7cqmx6tn3xf1AXrfwX5CpMppqAbdDRF67VDJCESpphGqCxC1OA) is not linked to their official citizenship application page either.
dude the link is there and someone here has posted that he applied online already and received an email from IRCC.
how official can it be!do you want a personal message from the minister of immigration himself huh

• Haha
Reactions: BOYX

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016

Or

suggestions appreciated.
Currently its only for individual. So cant say if they will release the module for family. No one knows when it will be available.
You can split with one adult can use the online and others can apply via paper.

canada_help

Star Member
Jun 28, 2014
dude the link is there and someone here has posted that he applied online already and received an email from IRCC.
how official can it be!do you want a personal message from the minister of immigration himself huh
And its failing too. People are already reporting it might be in beta testing stage.
Also, they would have linked it to 'How to Apply' https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/apply.html#toc2 but doesn't seem so yet. Just wondering.

avm

Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
File Transfer...
N/A
hi,this is really hard to tell because as of now we don't know if the online application will be expanded to include family applications and so..so the decision is yours?
personally,i would wait a couple weeks in case some new releases comes out,but that is just my own opinion.
Thanks buddy

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013

avm

Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
File Transfer...
N/A
Currently its only for individual. So cant say if they will release the module for family. No one knows when it will be available.
You can split with one adult can use the online and others can apply via paper.
Thanks my friend.

Even I thought splitting of Adult applications. But the issue is I need to apply for kid too. Currently, IRCC only accepting individual applications.

Coco7

Star Member
Oct 9, 2015
as of now there is nothing you can do,you can only withdraw it once you receive the AOR which currently takes a few months so at the end you are not making it any faster plus once the AOR is issued if you do withdraw your application you will lose the processing fee $530.
Thank you!

avm

Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
File Transfer...
N/A
I think, introducing a new way of an online citizenship application form submission will reduce 60 - 70% workload of CIO / Case Processing center, Sydney, NS.

Now onwards, only families with kids will apply in a paper-based system. Very soon they are also integrated into the new system.

Totally Paperless service from end to end ( In COVID19 language 100% contactless service ;))

The new system will eliminate bureaucratic red-tapism.

Currently, IRCC returning some applications after 5-6 months. Definitely, the new system curtails tedious, time-consuming hassles.

Good initiative by IRCC ...... :). Well done......

Last edited:
Reactions: chs

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
I think, introducing a new way of an online citizenship application form submission will reduce 60 - 70% workload of CIO / Case Processing center, Sydney, NS.

Now onwards, only families with kids will apply in a paper-based system. Very soon they are also integrated into the new system.

Totally Paperless service from end to end ( In COVID19 language 100% contactless service ;))

The new system will eliminate bureaucratic red-tapism.

Currently, IRCC returning some applications after 5-6 months. Definitely, the new system curtails tedious, time-consuming hassles.

Good initiative by IRCC ...... :). Well done......
agree.
the new online system will not allow people to submit their applications unless it is complete so no more returning applications due to a gap in history or a missed document.

Gemini020

Oct 11, 2015
agree.
the new online system will not allow people to submit their applications unless it is complete so no more returning applications due to a gap in history or a missed document.
do you know if the online software actually checks for gaps in history? My work history is all over the place (because of not being a citizen funny enough) so super worried about missing something