+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online application

Mike Catson

Jul 11, 2016
Hi, my name is Mike, I'm a citizen of Canada and Russia. I have a brother. He lives in Russia. We did not meet each other in a long time and I want him to come to visit me. Can I make online application form for tourist visa intead of him from Canada?
Thank you)

simplyaddo

Jun 18, 2012
Mike Catson said:
Hi, my name is Mike, I'm a citizen of Canada and Russia. I have a brother. He lives in Russia. We did not meet each other in a long time and I want him to come to visit me. Can I make online application form for tourist visa intead of him from Canada?
Thank you)
No, the person who wishes to receive a visa to enter Canada must apply for the visa.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Mike Catson said:
Thank you)
You certainly can make it for him while you are in Canada (as a representative), but it will still be counted as an application out of Russia, as it is where your brother resides.

Not much difference in the current processing times: 8 days out of Canada, and 11 days out of Russia.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/