+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

online application with parents

harrygun_wangxin

May 28, 2015
Hi, everyone, hope someone could give me some definite answer or suggestions.

I'm currently in US, and applying a work permit online while trying to bring my family together. This include my wife and parents. Now the question is regarding my parents, whether I can submit their visitor visa applications together with me, since otherwise the purpose of their visit would be unclear. From CIC website, the family member is defined excluding them.

However, I have somehow already submitted the application together. After I realized the problem, I sent CIC an inquiry, they didn't answer specifically, just provide some information, confirming the family member does not include parents, and give some info about application withdrawal.

So, have any of you tried to include application including parents? If I don't withdraw, what would happen to my application? I indeed included as many supporting ducuments as possible for my parents.

Or, I could simply withdraw, and visit visa center altogether, which would work as confirmed by representative in VAC, NY. However, the schedule is a little tight.

Please, any suggestions?

=========================================
Just called visa center in New York again, confirmed that both CIC and VAC are transporting documents to embassy. So I'm really confused whether I need to withdraw.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Your parents aren't dependents and should apply separately. I would withdraw and reapply.

harrygun_wangxin

May 28, 2015
Thanks for your suggestion, it's always confusing to me since VAC said I could provide everyone's applications altogether. And VAC and CIC transport applications to the same place.

Also, according to CIC, even if I submitted withdrawal request, they won't guarantee its cancellation and would definitely take some time (I got my first reply after two weeks). On the other hand, since the time schedule is really tight, I'll very likely reapply very soon. I'm not sure what consequences that would be.

And I'm not sure whether I could partially withdraw, just my parents applications?