Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
@rajkamalmohanram @luvtrump Guys, I'm filling up my online application right now. I just came across this thread. I want to know your suggestion for applicants of Aug 2021. Should we apply online or on paper?
Thanks!
They recently started to announce it and its going to be full board focus and priority. This is not a pilot stage anymore.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/cit-grant-eapp.html

Many Dec2020 guys have finished their process but many are still pending(including the first quarter 2021 were waiting for 6 months for AOR). But its just due to this transition. But from this month onwards, the guys waiting for AOR from first quarter 2021 are getting AOR and date range is moving fast.
But per me, from hereon, it would move fast(surely faster than paper).

Issues with paper based:
Enter paper information into system manually. This costs time.
Transferring application to local office manually. This costs time with the current process.

Reactions: yhome and enjoy2020

enjoy2020

Sep 27, 2020
They recently started to announce it and its going to be full board focus and priority. This is not a pilot stage anymore.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/cit-grant-eapp.html

Many Dec2020 guys have finished their process but many are still pending(including the first quarter 2021 were waiting for 6 months for AOR). But its just due to this transition. But from this month onwards, the guys waiting for AOR from first quarter 2021 are getting AOR and date range is moving fast.
But per me, from hereon, it would move fast(surely faster than paper).

Issues with paper based:
Enter paper information into system manually. This costs time.
Transferring application to local office manually. This costs time with the current process.
Awesome, thanks for sharing this @harirajmohan :)

rizwan150

Jan 16, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-04-2014
Doc's Request.
24-06-2014
Nomination.....
07-05-2014
Med's Request
26-06-2014 (Self MR + RPRF for both) & 31-07-2014 (Spouse MR),
Med's Done....
06-07-2014 (Self) & 18-08-2014 (Spouse)
Passport Req..
PPR-1 + PPR-2: 17-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2015, Passport Received: 17-03-2015
LANDED..........
26-05-2015
Just confirming, online applicants still submitting bio page of passports only as per instructions in online portal ?

For paper, instructions were changed already in mid june, how online applicants handling this part ?

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Please note that if an applicant has applied on paper, they should not reapply online

Does this apply only to new ones or the ones who applied in 2019 as well ?

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
This applies to everyone. There shouldn't be a duplicate application.
Well how would that be duplicate because the physical presence days are changed. I applied by paper in 2019 and now in 2021 online . There is a change in situation and residency days.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Well how would that be duplicate because the physical presence days are changed. I applied by paper in 2019 and now in 2021 online . There is a change in situation and residency days.
Your online application will be a duplicate because there are 2 Citizenship grant applications with IRCC for the same UCI. "Duplication" is not because of the residency days etc. Duplication happens if you submit 2 or more applications for the very same purpose (in this case, Citizenship grant).

This is why I suggested you to withdraw the old application first and then apply for a new one.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
so they will give me an option which one you wanna proceed with or should i inform them now ?
Go through this page, it'll help =>

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/admininistration/general-file-processing/procedure-multiple-applications.html

Local office involvement
In certain instances, the two applications are put together and the CPC notifies the local office responsible for the first application that there is a second application in the system. The second application is put on hold. The information about the second application is forwarded to the local office so that a comparison of information regarding addresses, absences, prohibitions and other data can be made. The office responsible for the initial application will clarify any discrepancies with the client. The local office will determine the appropriate steps to take depending on the circumstances (refer suspected misrepresentation to the CMB, call client in for a personal interview, transfer file to another office).
Case Management Branch involvement
On other occasions, the case may need to be referred to the CMB because the first application is already under investigation or is in the process of being litigated. Where a first application is under investigation, the second application is put on hold pending the results.
Procedures for the processing of multiple general applications
There are times when clients decide to file a second application when they already have an active application for the same case type. This can occur, for example, when applicants realize they do not meet the residence requirements in the first application. In general, the CPC-S accepts the second application and enters a bring forward (BF) date until the outcome of the first application is known. The second application will remain on hold pending the outcome of the first application. The CPC-S usually contacts the holder of the initial file to determine what action should be taken depending on the circumstances of the case.
Withdrawal
  • If the client chooses to withdraw the first application, the CPC-S will send a withdrawal form to the client. Once the signed withdrawal form is received, the CPC-S will inform the local office. The local office will return the first file to the CPC-S who will close off the file and proceed with any refunds. The CPC-S will enter the second application into the system and send it to the local office for processing.
  • If the client chooses to withdraw the second application, the CPC-S will send a withdrawal form to the client. The CPC-S will close off the file and proceed with any refunds once the signed withdrawal form is received.
  • If the application is withdrawn before the “capture” stage is completed, the total fee is returned. If the application is closed off after the “capture” stage is completed, then only the Right of Citizenship fee is refunded.
It is best to withdraw the old application because you know for sure you don't meet the requirements for citizenship.