+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

online application processing times in NYC consulate

carrasqu

Jan 14, 2013
Hello,

I applied for a temporary resident visa TRV using the new online procedure on December 22nd 2012 while staying in the United States. Only until January 5th they sent me an email asking me to send the passport. I sent it right away to the consulate in New York city with the best available USPS and they got the passport on January the 8th. Since then I have not heard from the consulate. I was wondering if any of you has experience with this online procedure. Specifically, I was wondering about the processing times with the online procedures once the passport has been sent. I was supposed to go to Canada today but I did not receive the passport and could not go. Any input from you?
Thanks,
Juan

arun.k

Dec 20, 2012
My experience is equally bad. I applied in India on 27 Dec. Haven't heard from them yet. All this while processing time at Delhi is now just 3 days. I am ruing my decision...Do they send an email to ask for the passport?

carrasqu

Jan 14, 2013
Yes, they will send you an email asking to send the passport to the consulate. In my case it was NYC. You have to log in on the cic and download and print a letter and send the passport with it.

blissbee

Jan 16, 2013
Hi,

Thanks for your update on this issue. I need a help regarding the documents for visitors visa. I got the invitation letter from a friend in canada. But I don't have their citizenship proof forms. Is it okay to send the application without it.

carrasqu

Jan 14, 2013
I received an invitation letter from a professor in Canada without anything else and it seems it worked.

blissbee

Jan 16, 2013
I have one more question. Did you submit the Travel itinerary along with the application. Is it mandatory?

carrasqu

Jan 14, 2013
Hello. I was never asked to provide itinerary and it worked, however try to make sure that in your case you don't need it. Just to let you know that I finally got the visa on my passport. It took 26 days (including holidays and weekends). I think I will be posting a more detailed description of my experience; it might be useful for other people trying to use this online system.

blissbee

Jan 16, 2013
Hi carrasqu,

Thanks for your valuable inputs. I got the email from CIC asking me send the passport after 16 days of submitting the online form. I have old passport which has the original US H1B visa stamping, a valid new passport and a valid I797. Should I send all the three to the canadian consulate in NY. Please suggest.