+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLINE APPLICATION (PHILIPPINES)

NearlyLucid

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
Hello!

I just finished reading the entire thread. Congratulations to all of you who received your student visas. Yay for surviving the agonizing waiting game! :eek:

I was hoping someone from this thread could help me with my concern. The CIC website tells us how long it usually takes to process visas but does anyone know how early or how many months in advance I can submit my application? I've been accepted to a school already but had to defer admission due to lack of funds. The plan is to start school on Sept 2014. The thing is, I'm a teacher and I would need to let my current school (where I am employed) as early as possible if I won't be returning for the next school year. The school needs to hire and fill the teaching roster early kasi, ideally before summer school starts in April, hence the early deadline I've imposed on myself. My ideal timeline is to apply sometime in November 2013 para between the Christmas break and all the possible delays, I could at least find out by March 2014 at the very latest if my student permit will be granted. I just need to know that early to inform my current employer pero ideally, July pa ako aalis ng Manila. I intend to submit a letter detailing all of this and explaining the early application along with my study plan.

What do you guys think? Have you heard of anyone with a similar situation? ???

DocRZ

Apr 5, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila (Online)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
Med's Request
29-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-08-2013
Passport Req..
08-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
Visas are valid for a number of years. Mine is valid until 2017. The lady in the immigration gave me a student permit until the validity of the visa. I think you can apply now if your proposed study will take years to complete. You can come anytime within the validity of your visa. If the strike is still ongoing, then I suggest it will be best to apply early to save yourself from the agony whether you'll be able to come to Canada before the start of the term.

HopefulAngel

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Makati City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-20-2016
LANDED..........
12-08-2013
Hello!

Tanong ko lang, pwede ba tayo mag-apply for PR while on student visa or is there a way to change?

Thanks!

humdrumdum

Jul 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila (VAC, Paper-based)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2013
Med's Request
05-08-2013
Med's Done....
12-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-08-2013
LANDED..........
31-08-2013
@NearlyLucid: As far as I know, earliest na ang 6 months prior to the intake stated on your acceptance letter. Hopefully by next year maayos na ang CEM operations. If it's any consolation, kaya naman 1 month processing HAHA Just make sure that there's nothing questionable on your application, you can use the time you have now to straighten things out :)

@HopefulAngel: I think as long as you meet the eligibility criteria then you can apply. (See CIC website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=375&t=6)

Most people use their study permits and post-graduate work permits as a way to become a Permanent Resident. Di naman pinagbabawal, you've got your study permit already anyway haha

minsky

May 19, 2010
Edmonton
Visa Office......
From inside canada
App. Filed.......
August 8 , 2014
Doc's Request.
July 2, 2015 (T4 & NOA 2014)
AOR Received.
October 30, 2014
Med's Request
Feb. 4, 2016
Med's Done....
Feb. 9, 2016
Interview........
RPRF : March 3, 2016
LANDED..........
April 20, 2016
DocRZ said:
Visas are valid for a number of years. Mine is valid until 2017. The lady in the immigration gave me a student permit until the validity of the visa. I think you can apply now if your proposed study will take years to complete. You can come anytime within the validity of your visa. If the strike is still ongoing, then I suggest it will be best to apply early to save yourself from the agony whether you'll be able to come to Canada before the start of the term.
Hi doc, pag online applications ba binibigyan pa ba ng letter of intoduction? Tnx po

By the way already got our visa , spousal and study permit for my kids...nahawahan ata ako ng bilis ng mg visa nyo, mine only take 2 mos....while mga kasama ko na Novemeber 2012 applicant wala pa sila mga visa :(
Anyway, thanks sa lahat sa inyo nila msladybug :)

DocRZ

Apr 5, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila (Online)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
Med's Request
29-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-08-2013
Passport Req..
08-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
Yes, there's a letter of introduction sent through your nominated email. Important yun kasi you'll present that to the immigration officer who will give you your permit.

NearlyLucid

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
DocRZ said:
I see. My study program will only take a year, 10 months of full time load to be exact so I'm not sure if getting a visa very early will be advisable for me since my study period is shorter. But at least this is something to consider. Thanks for the input DocRZ!

humdrumdum said:
@ NearlyLucid: As far as I know, earliest na ang 6 months prior to the intake stated on your acceptance letter. Hopefully by next year maayos na ang CEM operations. If it's any consolation, kaya naman 1 month processing HAHA Just make sure that there's nothing questionable on your application, you can use the time you have now to straighten things out :)
I just re-read the details on the CIC website and saw the "6 months" window for early applications too, although there are portions that say "apply as early as you can." So, pwede a year ahead? Hehe :p

Yes, I've read about your (in)famous 1 month processing! Haha ;D I don't want to tempt the powers that be though so I think I'll go ahead and assume that my application will take long. In terms of my SoP, I'd like to believe I have a pretty solid one, considering my current field and chosen study program. Plus, I'm hoping my travel records in and out of Canada will help. I'm just really anxious about the funding since I'll be sponsored, so I just have all these scenarios in my head that I'm imagining will complicate the application. Oh well, we'll see how it goes. I'll let you guys know:)

Good luck to you, I love Burnaby! If things work out, I'll be staying in BC also :)

minsky

May 19, 2010
Edmonton
Visa Office......
From inside canada
App. Filed.......
August 8 , 2014
Doc's Request.
July 2, 2015 (T4 & NOA 2014)
AOR Received.
October 30, 2014
Med's Request
Feb. 4, 2016
Med's Done....
Feb. 9, 2016
Interview........
RPRF : March 3, 2016
LANDED..........
April 20, 2016
DocRZ said:
Yes, there's a letter of introduction sent through your nominated email. Important yun kasi you'll present that to the immigration officer who will give you your permit.
Hi doc, kasama din ba yung letter of introduction sa passport request nila i mean kasabay? Wala kase yung sa amin ng mga anak ko, hinahanap ba yun sa port of entry? Akala ko kase ksama n sya nun bnalik passport sa min pero ang kasama lang yn reminders wala LOI, tnx doc

ezakhan

Star Member
Feb 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2014
Doc's Request.
Biometrics 23-06-2014
Med's Request
03-10-2014
Med's Done....
15-10-2014
Passport Req..
27-10-2014
Hi,
I have applied for a University in Canada. I will get the answer very soon. What I would like to work on is to find out the pros & cons of applying for my family (Wife + 2 year old daughter). I want to apply for them along with me.

Questions:
1. How much should be the bank statement?
2. What additional paper work is required?
3. Which of the points I need to work on harder to boost the chances of getting the visa?
4. Is there anything else I need to know?

mb2013

Jul 14, 2013
WE APPLIED FOR FSW AND RECEIVED JULY, WE NEVER MAKE IT TO THE CAP 2174, DO ANY ONE KNOWS WHEN CAN WE RECEIVE BACK THE DOCUMENT FROM INTAKE OFFICE SO WE CAN REPROCESS AND REAPPLY TO OTHER CATEGORY. THANKS A LOT MGA KABAYAN!

exactly_

Oct 12, 2013
Hello,

I don't know the process kung paano magapply from Manila to here, but:

If you want to study here just because may family or "potential sponsor/s" ka dito:

1) If you have a degree, mas madali
2) If you have a degree, apply for Colleges not University (aside from mas mura ng malala,mas madali (super dali), in short, kung ang objective mo ay magwork dito forever, college is the best choice)
3) Madaming diploma and certificate programs (may mga rules sa website on the duration vis-a-vis student to work permit)
4) Choose course with co-op programs
5) Magiging bestfriend mo ang word na "cash job"

not an international student, but a student with lots of international student friends (redundancy is the best policy)

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LC1 application vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
Hello po ask ko lang anak ko is for medical under student visa ok lang ba sa st lukes global city? di ba sila maselan or strickto dun?

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LC1 application vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
hello po inapply ko anak ko online for student visa ngayon for medical na sya so ok ba sa st lukes global? di ba sila maselan

rosamae

Star Member
Sep 17, 2010
ok naman po doon.kaunti lang nagpapa medical kaya mabilis matapos ang mga tests. accommodating naman po sila at mabilis naman mag submit sa CEM pag walang additional tests required.

zippedglasses

Apr 18, 2014
So it's the season of applications for study permits once again!
I'll be submitting my application next week, and hopefully get a visa before University starts in September.

Any tips for a first time applicant? ???