App. Filed.......
20-07-2013
Med's Request
02-11-2013
Med's Done....
14-11-2013
Passport Req..
22-11-2013
Kainggit naman but im happy for you girl! Where will you be staying and how much yun rent mo monthly? Ive been searching also for mobile providers. Bell, Rogers, and Virgin. I cant live without internet connection =l and sa house naman, Novus? something like that.
Goodness ang expenses.

Can i follow up after a month kung wala pa ako narereceive na update? or that would be too pushy?

humdrumdum

Jul 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila (VAC, Paper-based)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2013
Med's Request
05-08-2013
Med's Done....
12-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-08-2013
LANDED..........
31-08-2013
huhuhu thank you! Akala ko talaga hindi ako aabot, like idedeny ako ng CEM on the basis of short notice HAHA Sobrang naging hopeful ako nung sinabi nung assessor sa VFS na baka iprioritize daw ang application ko if makikita nila for September intake nako. But there could be a myriad of other possible (and mysterious) reasons behind my fast app process, I'm just really thankful for it ;)

Consider choosing between Telus and Fido since meron silang bundles for cellphone and internet :) But the apartment I'm staying in is all inclusive na of utilities (water, electricity, gas, internet) :) It's not that big, kasya lang ang 4 people. The rent is actually $1,000 a month pero since 4 kami, $250 na lang per person hehe

I'm not sure how to follow up kung online application, better ask our veterans DocRZ and msladybug hehehe :D

cruzmariacarla said:
Kainggit naman but im happy for you girl! Where will you be staying and how much yun rent mo monthly? Ive been searching also for mobile providers. Bell, Rogers, and Virgin. I cant live without internet connection =l and sa house naman, Novus? something like that.
Goodness ang expenses.

Can i follow up after a month kung wala pa ako narereceive na update? or that would be too pushy?

cruzmariacarla

Star Member
Aug 12, 2013
Philippines
Visa Office......
Manila , Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-07-2013
Med's Request
02-11-2013
Med's Done....
14-11-2013
Passport Req..
22-11-2013
Goodness gracious! $250??? vancouver also?that's a good deal! sa DT, around $2k per unit. Im a bit hesitant na maghanap ng roommate at this point as I want to make sure na okay talaga but I know it'll be more realistic than rentin a 1br unit by myself. Telus and Fido? I'll definitely check it out. Will you be renting a car also?

Carla

humdrumdum said:
huhuhu thank you! Akala ko talaga hindi ako aabot, like idedeny ako ng CEM on the basis of short notice HAHA Sobrang naging hopeful ako nung sinabi nung assessor sa VFS na baka iprioritize daw ang application ko if makikita nila for September intake nako. But there could be a myriad of other possible (and mysterious) reasons behind my fast app process, I'm just really thankful for it ;)

Consider choosing between Telus and Fido since meron silang bundles for cellphone and internet :) But the apartment I'm staying in is all inclusive na of utilities (water, electricity, gas, internet) :) It's not that big, kasya lang ang 4 people. The rent is actually $1,000 a month pero since 4 kami, $250 na lang per person hehe

I'm not sure how to follow up kung online application, better ask our veterans DocRZ and msladybug hehehe :D

humdrumdum

Jul 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2013
Med's Request
05-08-2013
Med's Done....
12-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-08-2013
LANDED..........
31-08-2013
Truth is, my sister used to live there but she's having her internship until next year sa East Coast. She's still paying for rent while she's away so she used to pay $350/month, but since 4 na kami, $250 na lang HAHA I don't have to worry about supplies or anything since I'll just really move in when I get there sa apartment and kampante ako sa roommates niya since na-meet ko na sila before when I came to visit :) I'll be in Burnaby since mag-aaral ako sa BCIT :D The apartment is just 1 bus stop away, I can actually walk if I want to =)) But sayang rin ang UPass, so I won't be renting a car anymore :D

Yeah I totally agree with you! Have you considered staying at a dorm though? :D Or getting an apartment outside Vancouver, like in Burnaby, Nanaimo, Richmond, or Surrey? If your school offers a UPass then it'll be a lot easier for you to commute and you can save on rent :)

cruzmariacarla said:
Goodness gracious! $250??? vancouver also?that's a good deal! sa DT, around $2k per unit. Im a bit hesitant na maghanap ng roommate at this point as I want to make sure na okay talaga but I know it'll be more realistic than rentin a 1br unit by myself. Telus and Fido? I'll definitely check it out. Will you be renting a car also?

Carla

cruzmariacarla

Star Member
Aug 12, 2013
Philippines
Visa Office......
Manila , Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-07-2013
Med's Request
02-11-2013
Med's Done....
14-11-2013
Passport Req..
22-11-2013
Not quite sure with UPass. Dorm type? my father won't allow me to do so, he's very particular about the housing. ??? I'm okay with West End or Yaletown. How young are you if i may ask? Oh really you visited na before? Havent been to Vancouver, really excited about it.

humdrumdum said:
Truth is, my sister used to live there but she's having her internship until next year sa East Coast. She's still paying for rent while she's away so she used to pay $350/month, but since 4 na kami, $250 na lang HAHA I don't have to worry about supplies or anything since I'll just really move in when I get there sa apartment and kampante ako sa roommates niya since na-meet ko na sila before when I came to visit :) I'll be in Burnaby since mag-aaral ako sa BCIT :D The apartment is just 1 bus stop away, I can actually walk if I want to =)) But sayang rin ang UPass, so I won't be renting a car anymore :D

Yeah I totally agree with you! Have you considered staying at a dorm though? :D Or getting an apartment outside Vancouver, like in Burnaby, Nanaimo, Royal Oak, or Surrey? If your school offers a UPass then it'll be a lot easier for you to commute and you can save on rent :)

humdrumdum

Jul 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2013
Med's Request
05-08-2013
Med's Done....
12-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-08-2013
LANDED..........
31-08-2013
Most schools have on-campus dorms, I just assumed that option was available to you hehe /:D I don't know about dorm life in North America though, I'd prefer living off-campus actually hehe so I'd agree with your dad ;)

Oh wow, mahal talaga dun O___o If magiging mas kampante dad mo if you lived with a family, BCIT partners with a company that organizes homestay arrangements :) You get a private room in a home that will "adopt" you during your stay in Canada, and your rent is inclusive of meals, utilities, and furnishings. Plus if safety is a concern, you'll be living in a secure, residential area :D It's more expensive than sharing a flat with roommates but still cheaper than paying for an apartment by yourself. :) I don't think there's an age limitation to it, as long as you're a full-time student enrolled in a school, you can qualify for it. But then, iba rin talaga kung independent ka na talaga :D I have friends who went on exchange programs and they all say that was the best part of the experience haha!

I can't say Vancouver is a "fun" place to go to for tourism HAHA It's a very livable city and everyone's friendly and polite, you can walk around at night while still feeling safe. :)

cruzmariacarla said:
Not quite sure with UPass. Dorm type? my father won't allow me to do so, he's very particular about the housing. ??? I'm okay with West End or Yaletown. How young are you if i may ask? Oh really you visited na before? Havent been to Vancouver, really excited about it.

DocRZ

Apr 5, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila (Online)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
Med's Request
29-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-08-2013
Passport Req..
08-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
Veterans?? LOL. Well, I'll try to pretend as a veteran. Cruzmariacarla, since your case can be appealed as an urgent one. Try using the case specific webform sa CIC website to send an inquiry/request to speed up your process. You can also send a mail via a courier or place it in the embassy dropbox in RCBC Plaza. Calling is useless. Only operators/receptionist will receive your call or recorded messages will play.

msladybug

Star Member
Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2013 (Online)
Med's Request
31-07-013
Med's Done....
05-08-2013
Passport Req..
07-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-09-2013
humdrumdum said:
Congrats Doc! Hope you enjoy Toronto, you deserve to be rewarded for your never-ending patience! ;)
Agree! Out of all the people who applied, saludo tlga ako sa patience mo Doc! ;)

msladybug

Star Member
Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2013 (Online)
Med's Request
31-07-013
Med's Done....
05-08-2013
Passport Req..
07-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-09-2013
Yahooooo! Also received my POE Introduction Letter!!! :p :p :p

Additional two pages since I was out? :D
Asan na kaya sila Potpot? Haven't heard from them.

@peggiechua: We are here to help you guys. I also started out by reading forums similar to this and it helped me a lot.
It just feels right to give back. :) Ask and DocRZ/Humdrumdum are here to help! Hahahaha Syempre tutulong din ako kapag alam ko :)

Nakakatuwa, study or work permit inapprove sakin ng Canadian Embassy. Hopefully, when I reach the POE maapprove din nila BOTH Study/Work Permit ko.

Doc, I'll be in Toronto 22-25 and I plan on moving to Whitby sa 26th pa para makagala din! :) Most of my relatives are in Toronto kaya doon muna ako. Kung makagala ka. Haha :D Parang gusto ko magkita-kita tayo :)

humdrumdum

Jul 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2013
Med's Request
05-08-2013
Med's Done....
12-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-08-2013
LANDED..........
31-08-2013
@DocRZ & msladybug: oh no sorry if i offended you, I only meant it in a good way! :( Really happy for the both of you :D hihi napadaldal ako ng todo

msladybug

Star Member
Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2013 (Online)
Med's Request
31-07-013
Med's Done....
05-08-2013
Passport Req..
07-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-09-2013
Agree! Sold na sold ang SLMC Global! Babait pa ng staff and ni kuya guard! Hehe :p

@cruzmariaclara: People who said that IOM processed medical results faster than SLMC didn't know that SLMC Global exists! I had my examination at SLMC Global and the embassy received my medical result 2 days after. But it's your choice. I can say that IOM and SLMC Global are two of the best in Metro Manila based on my experience and of others. There are also other accredited clinics in Baguio, Cebu, and Davao.

humdrumdum said:
Naka-chikka ko kanina yung person next in line sakin, she told me na online application rin siya at nagulat rin sya at ang bilis ng application ko. I'm quite surprised myself, really o__O I think it's best to coordinate with your school already if they will allow you to come in late or if you should defer your acceptance. In most cases, if you will be denied a study permit (not to jinx it!), the school will refund 100% of your tuition which is why I decided to take the gamble...

I can't really compare the two kasi I can only speak for one =)) St. Luke's Global (not Ermita hehe) is brand new, actually wala sya explicitly sa listahan ng CIC, kaya kakaonti pa lang ang nagmemedical for Canada. Same rate with Ermita branch but with top of the line facilities. Kahit walk-in sya, I got there just right after they opened at 8AM, and I was still first in line haha Medyo malamig nga lang so a jacket would come in handy :) If I had to be picky, my only qualm is that medyo masungit yung doctor kanina, but I understand naman since she looks like nag-double shift sya HAHA Otherwise, everything went perfectly well, and I was finished after roughly 3 hours tops. Kasabay niyo kasi ang applicants for US and Australia so may onting pila rin. The physical exam is not much to worry about; you'll have to disrobe but may gown and kumot naman. Sisilipin lang ng doctor ang iyong nether regions... HAHA It's over in less than 5 mins! Strict lang sila with your ID's, kailangan consistent with your passport details, especially your full name and birth date. Plus the free shuttle service is convenient, meron papuntang Ayala, Gil Puyat and Market Market. Sold na sold ako sa SLMC Global ;D

Yep, my application is paper-based :) Yes, I already have an apartment to stay in that's 1 bus stop away from my school. Mura lang nakuha ko kasi I'll be sharing with 3 other people haha If you'll be staying in Downtown, mahal talaga D:

msladybug

Star Member
Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2013 (Online)
Med's Request
31-07-013
Med's Done....
05-08-2013
Passport Req..
07-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-09-2013
Veterans, eh? Haha Ngayon ko lang to nabasa. Naku, mga babies pa kami ni DocRZ. Mukhang matanda lang tlga si Doc! Hahaha

@cruzmariaclara: Yes, try to use the case-specific inquiry for further questions, sending of additional documents or follow-ups. I know, medyo mahirap i-navigate ang website ng CIC kaya bigay ko na ang link. Here it is: https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=manila

humdrumdum said:
@ DocRZ & msladybug: oh no sorry if i offended you, I only meant it in a good way! :( Really happy for the both of you :D hihi napadaldal ako ng todo

DocRZ

Apr 5, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila (Online)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
Med's Request
29-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-08-2013
Passport Req..
08-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
Toinks! Ok lang yun humdrudum. I guess you mean experts by calling us veterans. LOL. I'll be staying in Mississauga most on my stay in Toronto. Sure msladybug! Give ko sa'yo contact details ko days before my departure.

peggiechua

Star Member
Mar 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DocRZ said:
Got my stamped passport! Buti na lang isang tumbling lang ang VFS mula dito sa bahay.

Humdrumdum, salamat! I have 4 days to spend enjoying Toronto.
Will visit Niagara Falls, Toronto Zoo, Wonderland...

Peggy, you can count on us. We will pay whatever we learned here forward.

Ultrawax, not sure kung makakavisit pa ako ng UAlberta before the term starts. Siguro if my professor has a project with a faculty of UofA and he invited me to come with him, then I have the chance to meet you and HopefulAngel.
Wow Congratz DocRZ! All your patience finally paid off. Goodluck! Bon Voyage! :)

ultrawax89

Star Member
May 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
MAKATI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
April 4, 2013
Med's Done....
April 11, 2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
VISA ISSUED...
June 6, 2013
LANDED..........
June 26, 2013
DocRZ said:
Got my stamped passport! Buti na lang isang tumbling lang ang VFS mula dito sa bahay.

Humdrumdum, salamat! I have 4 days to spend enjoying Toronto.
Will visit Niagara Falls, Toronto Zoo, Wonderland...

Peggy, you can count on us. We will pay whatever we learned here forward.

Ultrawax, not sure kung makakavisit pa ako ng UAlberta before the term starts. Siguro if my professor has a project with a faculty of UofA and he invited me to come with him, then I have the chance to meet you and HopefulAngel.
its ok Doc... Nakita ko na ung University of Calgary last week nag gala gala ako eh.. ang ganda nya.. super...congrtas again doc..