+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online application outside Canada (NZ)

MasterCedric

Star Member
May 11, 2014
Canada
Hi there, I have submitted an application for work permit online, SOWP for my wife and TRV for my 5 year old son. Anyone knows the processing time for online application from NZ? CIC website says paper application from Sydney, AU is approximately 3 months but doesn't say anything about online application. Is the processing of online application from inside and outside Canada the same which is 20 days?

My NOC is 8252 and location of work is Manitoba. We submitted our application April 27th and received a confirmation e-mail the following day, April 28th. No update yet since then.

halo4me

Dec 13, 2012
MasterCedric said:
Hi there, I have submitted an application for work permit online, SOWP for my wife and TRV for my 5 year old son. Anyone knows the processing time for online application from NZ? CIC website says paper application from Sydney, AU is approximately 3 months but doesn't say anything about online application. Is the processing of online application from inside and outside Canada the same which is 20 days?

My NOC is 8252 and location of work is Manitoba. We submitted our application April 27th and received a confirmation e-mail the following day, April 28th. No update yet since then.
Hi I'm from NZ as well! :) apply online now it takes 15-20days. work permit now only process till 16th April case. wait for a bit I guess. good luck!

MasterCedric

Star Member
May 11, 2014
Canada
halo4me said:
Hi I'm from NZ as well! :) apply online now it takes 15-20days. work permit now only process till 16th April case. wait for a bit I guess. good luck!
Thanks halo4me! I thought we're under the processing time of the visa office responsible for our country of residence, which is Sydney AU, because online application is lodged outside Canada. We'll wait a bit and update you guys if something comes up by next week. Thank you! :)

MasterCedric

Star Member
May 11, 2014
Canada
Yesterday I received a message through myCIC requesting for additional documents (NZ Police check waiver form and NBI clearance from the Philippines), I have uploaded both documents online the same day and didn't received any confirmation email yet.

Then TODAY, I received emails from CIC telling me that my application has been updated as well as my wife's and son's applications, but when I logged in to myCIC to check the status and messages, I couldn't see anything new except for the "Application Last Updated by CIC on:" showing today's date. What's going on?! Status is till open and no decision has been reached yet, so what has been updated on our applications?

Anyone else who experienced this? Should I worry? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!

halo4me

Dec 13, 2012
MasterCedric said:
Yesterday I received a message through myCIC requesting for additional documents (NZ Police check waiver form and NBI clearance from the Philippines), I have uploaded both documents online the same day and didn't received any confirmation email yet.

Then TODAY, I received emails from CIC telling me that my application has been updated as well as my wife's and son's applications, but when I logged in to myCIC to check the status and messages, I couldn't see anything new except for the "Application Last Updated by CIC on:" showing today's date. What's going on?! Status is till open and no decision has been reached yet, so what has been updated on our applications?

Anyone else who experienced this? Should I worry? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!
I recommend you to check it out on next business day, if still no update give them a call

MasterCedric

Star Member
May 11, 2014
Canada
Thanks halo4me, I've been checking mycic all day but still nothing, I will wait and see till Monday.

By the way, do you have an idea how long is the NZ Police check processing? Thank you.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
MasterCedric said:
Thanks halo4me! I thought we're under the processing time of the visa office responsible for our country of residence, which is Sydney AU, because online application is lodged outside Canada. We'll wait a bit and update you guys if something comes up by next week. Thank you! :)
Your perception is correct and any one suggesting otherwise is wrong. It is exactly as CIC website says i.e. processing time SPECIFIC to your visa office applies whether you apply online or on paper. If submitting online meant processing "inside Canada", there would be no one in the world foolish enough to submit on paper to their local embassy and wait for months.

Submitting online makes it faster by a week max as opposed to paper based times.

However, those averages are what they are AVERAGE which includes work permit applications for low skilled workers too (which are generally far higher). So it is quite normal that a visa office's processing time on average is say 6-8 months - but your application is a good clear cut case of highly skilled position (NOC 0, A or B) and your case gets processed in 2 months or even less. A lot of other factors weigh in too including how busy the particular visa office is - at the point in time among other factors.

MasterCedric

Star Member
May 11, 2014
Canada
Hi everyone, just an update: Our visas are finally approved!

We have sent in our passports to Sydney last July 16th after the passport requests and our status online has now changed to Decision made: your application has been approved. We have also received our letter of introductions today and saw that our permits have been approved for two years, yay! After the TFW overhaul, we thought we would only get one year.

Processing time wise, the website is spot on! Sydney visa office's processing time is 3 months.

We will be landing in Winnipeg on the first week of August.

Goodluck to everyone waiting for their visas! :)

aman1777

Star Member
Nov 4, 2017
hi mate can you please tell me about visa process i am also applying in same noc 8252 from nz what documents we need i have job offer and lmia

BlessMie

Nov 24, 2017
Hi Guys,
Do you think I will pass the medical exam even if I have low homoglobin count?Range is only 8,normal ref is between 12-16.I am so worried now and my sched for med assessment is only until Dec 15(30 days only). Thanks.