+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

online application gets returned due to not being able to calculate presence before pr.

domdomdom

Oct 5, 2020
One of my neighbors applied for citizenship. he was a protected person before. His application got returned because IRCC was unable to calculate his presence in Canada before he became permanents. he has his days in canada as a visitor and a protected person. IRCC said
has anyone uploaded their decision letter for protected person as an optional document?

I have also some days counted as a protected person, I haven't uploaded my decision letter either. has anyone been able to get through aor without uploading decision letter?

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019
I had the exact same issue - my application was canceled after 9 months for the same reason, because they didn’t count my days as a PP . I was able to respond to the officer and have them recalculate my physical presence in a new application. I suggest only counting your days as a permanent resident (PR) and protect person (PP) without the visitor days. I think there is an issue in the system with counting 3 statuses, or new agents are not well trained. You could try sending your notice of decision in the optional documents, but to be safe, only apply with your PR and PP status days.

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019
After receiving AOR, you could know your physical presence days by calling IRCC; if it’s less than 1095, then it’s better to withdraw your application.

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019
Just to clarify, the issue is exactly about counting three statuses on online applications. Temporarily status + PP + PR It doesn’t work on online applications, so either you count only PP+PR or apply via paper.

domdomdom

Oct 5, 2020
After receiving AOR, you could know your physical presence days by calling IRCC; if it’s less than 1095, then it’s better to withdraw your application.
thanks a lot for your reply. I myself did not have days as a visitor. I had days as a PP, I included them in my application. but I did not upload my decision letter as a optional document since it did not ask for it anywhere in the application. I am kind of afraid my application would be returned too. do you think that's an issue?

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019
thanks a lot for your reply. I myself did not have days as a visitor. I had days as a PP, I included them in my application. but I did not upload my decision letter as a optional document since it did not ask for it anywhere in the application. I am kind of afraid my application would be returned too. do you think that's an issue?
You will be fine and your friend was lucky to have their application returned to them rather than waiting nine months in limbo. To be sure, I would suggest that after receiving an AOR, you call IRCC and ask them how many days of physical presence you have on your application.

domdomdom

Oct 5, 2020
You will be fine and your friend was lucky to have their application returned to them rather than waiting nine months in limbo. To be sure, I would suggest that after receiving an AOR, you call IRCC and ask them how many days of physical presence you have on your application.
Yes, considering your situation he is lucky. I can imagine how terrible it is that hearing your application cancelled after 9 months . I hope your application will be sped up and you will get it soon. thanks for your insight.

Reactions: adbcca

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019
PRO advice: Since you were a protected person, you most likely received a fingerprint request in PR. If you haven’t taken recent fingerprints for your work in the last year, you will most likely receive a fingerprint request to clear your criminality in the background check process. I would suggest doing it in advance to save time.