+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online Application from USA

rohitnar

Nov 14, 2012
Hi

Are there any online applicants from the USA in the month of June/July that have recieved a SP? Please post details./

Also where should I look for my online application status. It currently says application submitted. Will the status change to "processing" or "approved". ? Please post any information you know about where to look for application status for online applicants from the USA. Thanks

evanstp9

Nov 27, 2012
No need to check there, just check your email address regularly, because CIC will send you a notification, saying to log into myCIC account and view the message!

dipta

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2013
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Onlline 09-04-2013
File Transfer...
09-04-2013
Med's Request
21-04-2013
Med's Done....
22-04-2013
Passport Req..
07-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-05-2013
LANDED..........
24-08-2013
you can't check your application status if you apply online as the application is processed directly. If anything is required you will get a mail.

shradzsaraf

Jun 29, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2013
LANDED..........
05-09-2013
rohitnar said:
Hi

Are there any online applicants from the USA in the month of June/July that have recieved a SP? Please post details./

Also where should I look for my online application status. It currently says application submitted. Will the status change to "processing" or "approved". ? Please post any information you know about where to look for application status for online applicants from the USA. Thanks
When did you submit the application??

riasat.abir

Aug 9, 2012
Burnaby
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2015-12-17
AOR Received.
2016-02-22
Med's Done....
2016-03-09
Passport Req..
2016-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
2016-08-30
LANDED..........
2016-09-09
I know a person who had applied online from USA have been waiting for 80+days..

shradzsaraf

Jun 29, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2013
LANDED..........
05-09-2013
riasat.abir said:
I know a person who had applied online from USA have been waiting for 80+days..
Yes I am one of them. Waiting for more than two months. Some people are there who have been waiting since 100 days.
@Rohitnar- add your details in the spreadsheet below

rohitnar

Nov 14, 2012
shradzsaraf : Do you plan to go to Canada by Road? If so what items - household and other - will you be carrying? I am looking for information on if I can move by Road, like uHaul. This way I can save on setup costs like furniture, car etc.

I know that the strike is delaying processing. IMHO, our constant worrying about it is not going to change anything. I would rather b + about the whole thing and plan for the move. Anybody who has information or who has moved by road from US to Canada, please post your experiences on the same.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
rohitnar said:
shradzsaraf : Do you plan to go to Canada by Road? If so what items - household and other - will you be carrying? I am looking for information on if I can move by Road, like uHaul. This way I can save on setup costs like furniture, car etc.

I know that the strike is delaying processing. IMHO, our constant worrying about it is not going to change anything. I would rather b + about the whole thing and plan for the move. Anybody who has information or who has moved by road from US to Canada, please post your experiences on the same.
i was trying to do that and i suggest u look up moving companies they have lot of information about customs and requirements. I am not suggesting use moving companies but just get information from them

rohitnar

Nov 14, 2012
Mead: Good suggestion. Will do that. Although I see only one issue with this. The moving companies don't know the differences between a student and a PR status. I am looking for what one can bring to Canada as a Student. Most of the rules on goods to follow are for PR status. Any information or links on what Students and Open Work Pemit -spouses -holders are allowed to bring will help.

Thanks

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
rohitnar said:
Mead: Good suggestion. Will do that. Although I see only one issue with this. The moving companies don't know the differences between a student and a PR status. I am looking for what one can bring to Canada as a Student. Most of the rules on goods to follow are for PR status. Any information or links on what Students and Open Work Pemit -spouses -holders are allowed to bring will help.

Thanks
u have to look at import rules then i believe it does not matter if ur a student ...but i am not sure......u can bring ur car and everything without paying any customs but again i am not completely sure .....the moving companies have more detailed check list also try here
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/pub/bsf5113-eng.html#s4x1

shradzsaraf

Jun 29, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2013
LANDED..........
05-09-2013
rohitnar said:

Hi. I will be going to Canada by air. I would either get my stuff to canada by UPACK or United Van Lines movers. These are trusted movers. I have loads of stuff to take there so I would have to hire movers. Cannot get all the stuff by myself. Students are allowed to take all the normal stuff that anyone else can take. All household goods, clothes , shoes, eatables etc. Only dangerous stuff would be banned . Rest all should be fine