+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online application exceeded SLA for country of residence

sijuvgeorge

Dec 6, 2019
I had raised my spousal OWP via IRCC online application in October first week.
I'm currently based out of Sweden and the SLA was 88 days.
Are these SLAs calendar days or working days?
There is absolutely no updates after my bio-metrics update.All other updates are just the same for past 3 months (Review of eligibility
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.)

Any idea if online applications also sticks to the SLA?Is it any better if it was paper submission through employer or agencies?
Also what is the best mechanism to follow up if possible?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I had raised my spousal OWP via IRCC online application in October first week.
I'm currently based out of Sweden and the SLA was 88 days.
Are these SLAs calendar days or working days?
There is absolutely no updates after my bio-metrics update.All other updates are just the same for past 3 months (Review of eligibility
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.)

Any idea if online applications also sticks to the SLA?Is it any better if it was paper submission through employer or agencies?
Also what is the best mechanism to follow up if possible?
The posted processing times aren't SLAs - they are estimates. It's not unusual for processing to take longer, especially if you are not a citizen / passport holder of the country where you are residing.

Unfortunately there's really nothing you can do but wait. You can send a case specific inquiry to confirm the status of your application - but this won't speed up the processing of your application.