+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online applicants please help!

babs91

Jun 9, 2016
Hello guys! :)

My name is Barbara and my story is kind of long lol but I´ll try to make it short

It´s been one year researching and trying to go to Canada to study (in Brazil they really value studying abroad), last year I tried 2 universities but they were full and one of them told me in the last minute, so I didn´t have the LOA and didn´t apply for the study permit (even though I already had all my documents ready).

This year (mid April) I finally got accepted for business program at Norquest College, but only 9 days ago they have sent me an e-mail that the program "got full", I was pissed... Sorry for my french, but I know how difficult its been since I decided to study in Canada.
I sent them an email explaining that I don´t know how they got "full" if I already paid all my fees (not tuition, because I was planning to pay it as soon as my study permit got approved) and got a LOA. I also already applied for the study permit using the LOA they gave me.

So I researched my options again (in the very same day I received the crazy e-mail) I don´t know I was never too happy with the business adm program... I really wanted to do Medicine (and I know you can call me nuts lol) but It´s a dream for me you know, not only the prestige that doesn´t matter but since I was a Kid I wanted to be a doctor, HS years I only had straight A+ for science related subjects...So I found a perfect program in Vancouver in the health field :D (and yes, call me nuts, I´m going for Medicine...) I know I´ll study 6-8 years which is totally different from 2-3 years, but I´m extremely happy with my decision. Ok, so the first step I will have to study 4 years (and that´s what I´m applying for), I just received the LOA from the other university in Vancouver (and it was MUCH harder since it´s a medicine related undergraduate program I had to write 3 essays about my plans in future, give 3 references and do another biology test online), but my online application is with that business program... What should I do?

It´s been more than 2 weeks since I applied online and got no "real" updates yet, I wasn´t even asked for medical exam yet... Is that normal? How long does it take for them to ask you for the medical exams? Should I change the university program now or should I wait till they ask me the medicals?

So confused! Even considering applying through papers... But I think I can wait another few weeks to see what happens online!

How did it take for you guys to receive the medical request?
I also received those ghost e-mails saying I had updates but opened my cic application and couldn´t find the updates...

whale23

Apr 30, 2016
hey I am from India
and I have also applied online on 5th May 2016
I am still waiting

please guide here anyone

babs91

Jun 9, 2016
whale23 said:
hey I am from India
and I have also applied online on 5th May 2016
I am still waiting

please guide here anyone
Have you received ghosts e-mail too? lol

I received 2 e-mail saying I had updates but I didn´t...

whale23

Apr 30, 2016
Nope

Infact I got a email that "there are no updates to your application"
last week.

No ghost emails

JamDan

Jun 4, 2016
After answering the online app questionnaire determining what I needed to submit. I was not asked to do medical or even submit my Police Certificate. So if you weren't either I wouldn't worry about it, I have not yet completed the process so i'm not sure if I will be asked to submit med or police cert later on (i'm 6 weeks in). I got a request for me to submit my passport to continue processing my application after exactly 5 weeks...processing time in Jamaica according to the website was 6 weeks for app processing by CIC. Not sure if it will be different for you because of where you are from or the length or type of program you are doing (mine was a 3 semester Project Management Program).

In terms of switching programs on the application form. My guess is that you would need to inform them of the change using the webform that they send you via email as an automated response when you send an email to them (their email is in the contact us section). From the webform you can let them know of the change of program and even upload the other letter of acceptance to show them as well. Takes 10 business days for them to respond to you. I believe it is important because of the DLI #(designated learning institution) that makes up apart of your application. I see where on MyCIC they allow you to apply to change your DLI if you should choose to change schools, but I believe that is for persons who have already gotten the permit.

Hope this helps...or at least provides some perspective...

JamDan

Jun 4, 2016
Forgot to add...that I had gotten ghost notifications as well....like about 2 or 3 times in the 5 week process. Made my heart race every time. I also have an issue where I have to try log into myCIC like two or three time before it works...when I type in login or accept terms and conditions and press enter it often diverts back to the CIC homepage where it asks whether to show the english or french site. Not sure if that happens to anyone else...I use Google Chrome Browser not sure if that could be a reason.

Retribution Seeker

Star Member
May 10, 2016
Visa Office......
Doha, Qatar.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2016
Med's Request
24-06-2016
Med's Done....
26-06-2016
Passport Req..
01-08-2016
Brazil's online applications processing time is 7 weeks, so it's very normal not to get medical now. No need to worry about the update emails, it happens to almost everyone it probably means that your application has been logged in by an officer.
Regarding "my story is kind of long but I´ll try to make it short" you could've just written the last 2 lines, no one wants to read much info which is not related to the questions.
Good Luck