+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online 1 year course ending soon, applying for new study visa? Can I travel?

Atchu

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
no i didn't take the risk of getting deported, filed afresh. timeline in signature
Okay bro, Got that.

1. Whether we are allowed to travel one month before the completion of course ?
2. I am in the job right now and simultaneously taking online studies.. For second course, which will be the better option, bro, to travel and extend permit from Canada or continuing the job here, so that I can save some expenses and apply for a new study permit ?

Regards,

rogerdude1

Apr 24, 2021
Okay bro, Got that.

1. Whether we are allowed to travel one month before the completion of course ?
2. I am in the job right now and simultaneously taking online studies.. For second course, which will be the better option, bro, to travel and extend permit from Canada or continuing the job here, so that I can save some expenses and apply for a new study permit ?

Regards,
1. yes 28 days before course start date you are allowed to travel, not more than 30 days to stay on safer side
2. First course will be over on which date?

Reactions: Atchu

Atchu

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
1. yes 28 days before course start date you are allowed to travel, not more than 30 days to stay on safer side
2. First course will be over on which date?
1. I already started the course bro. So at the least, how many days prior to completion of my course do I have to travel ?
2. First course will be completing in December first week, bro.
(I have notice period of 3 months.. I am considering to continue the job in home country and apply for second course.. will it be risky ?)

rogerdude1

Apr 24, 2021
1. I already started the course bro. So at the least, how many days prior to completion of my course do I have to travel ?
2. First course will be completing in December first week, bro.
(I have notice period of 3 months.. I am considering to continue the job in home country and apply for second course.. will it be risky ?)
1. I have "heard" from others that some people were deported because they turned up in the month of their study completion for "wont leave Canada" reasons, so I would suggest you leave as soon as you can. Dont stay in the comfort zone of job, believe me you'll make almost equal there with part time job and you'll have advantage of going early and learning new things, to get settled. I made the same mistake, should have traveled in Dec 20 when I got the visa, now I am waiting for decision on visa file, same excruciating wait again this year. I had to arrange for funds from relatives to pay full 1 yr fees again in order to apply under SDS. If I was there, application process would be much easier and I would have got the SP extension (which is possible only form in-Canada) by paying just one semester fees. Also, I would have earned 4x my current job by working full time in the days between two courses after applying for SP extension.

2. Again, chances of visa approval are higher in Canada than from outside Canada. So after having told all the above and my own experience, make your call.

Reactions: Atchu

Atchu

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
1. I have "heard" from others that some people were deported because they turned up in the month of their study completion for "wont leave Canada" reasons, so I would suggest you leave as soon as you can. Dont stay in the comfort zone of job, believe me you'll make almost equal there with part time job and you'll have advantage of going early and learning new things, to get settled. I made the same mistake, should have traveled in Dec 20 when I got the visa, now I am waiting for decision on visa file, same excruciating wait again this year. I had to arrange for funds from relatives to pay full 1 yr fees again in order to apply under SDS. If I was there, application process would be much easier and I would have got the SP extension (which is possible only form in-Canada) by paying just one semester fees. Also, I would have earned 4x my current job by working full time in the days between two courses after applying for SP extension.

2. Again, chances of visa approval are higher in Canada than from outside Canada. So after having told all the above and my own experience, make your call.
Thanks a lot for the insights, bro!!

Regards,

Reactions: rogerdude1