+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online 1 year course ending soon, applying for new study visa? Can I travel?

ToorArash

Apr 24, 2021
i am planning to apply for a new course.Even if a get PGWP i will not be eligible for travel as it require a job letter

rogerdude1

Apr 24, 2021
Yeah so you are in the same boat as me. When will you apply for a new study visa. I even had a doubt about reapplying, Canada.ca says apply before May 15 to get a decision before Aug 6 (or in early August). Now, my college will give me course completion letter not earlier than June 18.

And if I don't get another study visa for new course in Fall 2021 in time, I will have to defer because my next course is in-class course, not online (at least as of now).

Last edited:

rogerdude1

Apr 24, 2021
But I do have the transcripts of my first two semesters, third one is a mini one-month Spring semester for Capstone project. Can I use those transcripts to apply for new visa? I do have the letter of acceptance for new program already though.

Sadiya1978

Apr 19, 2021
i am planning to apply for a new course.Even if a get PGWP i will not be eligible for travel as it require a job letter
Cant we travel if we get pgwp? As announced by ircc we can be eligible for pgwp even if we complete entire programe online in covid situation from our home country.

ToorArash

Apr 24, 2021
We are eligible for pgwp but to enter in canada our purpose of visit need to be non discretionary and we need a job offer from a canadian employer

ToorArash

Apr 24, 2021
Yeah so you are in the same boat as me. When will you apply for a new study visa. I even had a doubt about reapplying, Canada.ca says apply before May 15 to get a decision before Aug 6 (or in early August). Now, my college will give me course completion letter not earlier than June 18.

And if I don't get another study visa for new course in Fall 2021 in time, I will have to defer because my next course is in-class course, not online (at least as of now).
Even I don’t know the process of applying for a new file. Some people suggested me that i am eligible for sep intake without lodging a fresh file as my study visa is valid till dec 2121 while others have advised to apply for a fresh visa

rogerdude1

Apr 24, 2021
Even I don’t know the process of applying for a new file. Some people suggested me that i am eligible for sep intake without lodging a fresh file as my study visa is valid till dec 2121 while others have advised to apply for a fresh visa
In this case I think you can travel but make sure your program is same for which you have been approved earlier. Also, you may need to extend your SP after reaching Canada

ToorArash

Apr 24, 2021
In this case I think you can travel but make sure your program is same for which you have been approved earlier. Also, you may need to extend your SP after reaching Canada
But that course was of 8 months and has already completed on 28 march

rogerdude1

Apr 24, 2021
I agree with @shazza90 , that permit was for older program. However, you can technically still travel while you have a study visa but your entry is at the discretion of border officials and I would not take the risk. So, apply for a new one since your program is over.

ToorArash

Apr 24, 2021
Have u lodged u r fresh file and are u applying from india?.As the vac in india are currently closed .Do we need to give fresh biometrics

Atchu

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
I started my online course from India of 1 year duration in Fall 2021. Now that flights are banned and my course is officially ending on May 28, 2021 and not sure if flight ban will be extended. So I have two questions:

- Can I travel after my official course end date (28 May, 2021)? My study visa is valid till September 30, 2021 and college is a DLI approved one.

- In case I could not travel and then I will apply for a new study visa (in June) for another 1 year program starting Fall 2021, it is in line with my previous program, so will they reject my visa?

Anyone in a same situation, please share your thoughts.
Hi @rogerdude1 bro,

Did you able to travel with existing permit ? Or did you applied for a new study permit with a new course from home country.

Regards,