+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONIP-NOI ??

Archana`

Star Member
Dec 1, 2020
I was trying to apply online for NOI at ONIP website.
When i started creating the profile it asks a question "When did or what date you receive your NOI" ?
whereas i haven't received any NOI yet, as i am trying to apply for one.
Then i thought can we actually apply for NOI or do we only have to create an EE profile and then wait for province to grant NOI ?
Can anyone guide how to apply for NOI online ?

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
I was trying to apply online for NOI at ONIP website.
When i started creating the profile it asks a question "When did or what date you receive your NOI" ?
whereas i haven't received any NOI yet, as i am trying to apply for one.
Then i thought can we actually apply for NOI or do we only have to create an EE profile and then wait for province to grant NOI ?
Can anyone guide how to apply for NOI online ?
You cannot apply for a NOI, it can only be sent to your express entry profile by OINP when they conduct their draws. No point in creating an account on OINP website without receiving a NOI.

Reactions: Naturgrl

Archana`

Star Member
Dec 1, 2020
You cannot apply for a NOI, it can only be sent to your express entry profile by OINP when they conduct their draws. No point in creating an account on OINP website without receiving a NOI.
Thanks for that tip
Can you help me with one more question :
Is this same for all provinces in Canada or are there any provinces where we can actually apply for NOI,
because my friend told me that I can either apply for paper based or online NOI before actually receiving an NOI, thats why i got confused
and what I am understanding now is that Province sends NOI themselves and we cant do anything else apart from just creating an EE profile and waiting for them to nominate
Kindly guide

Archana`

Star Member
Dec 1, 2020
Not all province but you have to choose. For example, if eligible, you can apply to Saskatchewan Skilled worker - occupations in demand (paper based) or through Express Entry. You can’t have two profiles. Read upon the PNP programs.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/provincial-nominees/works.html
Hey first of all thanks for your quick replies and your time.

I am still getting stuck in the first part of the following (and i am wondering how to contact them) :

Express Entry process
In the online Express Entry process, there are 2 ways to apply:

• You contact the province or territory and apply for a nomination under an Express Entry stream.
  • If the province or territory agrees to nominate you, you create an Express Entry profile (or update your profile if you already have one) and show you have been nominated.
    OR
  • You create an Express Entry profile and show the provinces and territories you’re interested in.
  • If a province or territory sends you a “notification of interest” to your account, you contact them directly.
  • You apply to their Express Entry stream:
    • If you’re nominated, the province will offer it to you through your account, and you accept it electronically.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hey first of all thanks for your quick replies and your time.

I am still getting stuck in the first part of the following (and i am wondering how to contact them) :

Express Entry process
In the online Express Entry process, there are 2 ways to apply:

• You contact the province or territory and apply for a nomination under an Express Entry stream.
  • If the province or territory agrees to nominate you, you create an Express Entry profile (or update your profile if you already have one) and show you have been nominated.
    OR
  • You create an Express Entry profile and show the provinces and territories you’re interested in.
  • If a province or territory sends you a “notification of interest” to your account, you contact them directly.
  • You apply to their Express Entry stream:
    • If you’re nominated, the province will offer it to you through your account, and you accept it electronically.
Click on the provinces and see their requirements. Each province has different processes.