+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONIP - Need advice/ Passport document corrupted not sure

Piyush5767

Star Member
Feb 13, 2016
Hi Friends, Just need one advice from all of you its help me alot if you gave your time

I have applied for ONIP on friday, I have uploaded all documents whereas I think the passport pdf which I have uploaded might be corrupted (not sure) and not opened properly because i tried to open attached passport its shows me error, if opened might be last page will be missing.

So what do you think, will i received request from them to submit passport again or do they decline my application? I have already mail my scanned passport to them yesterday but I am confused will they accept that document or send me a mail to resend the document?

Piyush5767

Star Member
Feb 13, 2016
Anyone? do i need to withdraw the application and need to submit it again? or they send me request to resent yhe doc

Jatin malik

Mar 23, 2018
Anyone? do i need to withdraw the application and need to submit it again? or they send me request to resent yhe doc
You don’t have to withdraw the application. The same thing happened with me as well. I had a page of my passport missing when I sent my application. They will simply ask you provide the missing doc. within 15 days. after you send that requested doc. make sure you confirm with them that they’ve got it because in my case I had sent them the missing document right away but after 15 days they withdrew my application and told me that I never provided that missing page. I had to prove them that I did sent it. Just because of this my application was delayed for 2 months.

Piyush5767

Star Member
Feb 13, 2016
You don’t have to withdraw the application. The same thing happened with me as well. I had a page of my passport missing when I sent my application. They will simply ask you provide the missing doc. within 15 days. after you send that requested doc. make sure you confirm with them that they’ve got it because in my case I had sent them the missing document right away but after 15 days they withdrew my application and told me that I never provided that missing page. I had to prove them that I did sent it. Just because of this my application was delayed for 2 months.
thanks man! appreciate you give your time and share your valuable experience.

So in case if my file is corrupted - scan pdf they will contact me via email to send it again