+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONIP - International Student Stream

QWERTYKING

Star Member
May 16, 2019
The international student stream say, "You must have completed more than half of your studies while living and studying in Canada.", is OINP not flexible like IRCC with the duration of the study who completed overseas during COVID. Please let me know if anyone has completed the studies from overseas during COVID and applied for OINP.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The international student stream say, "You must have completed more than half of your studies while living and studying in Canada.", is OINP not flexible like IRCC with the duration of the study who completed overseas during COVID. Please let me know if anyone has completed the studies from overseas during COVID and applied for OINP.
Someone who has completed their studies remotely won't qualify under this program.

Reactions: Naturgrl

QWERTYKING

Star Member
May 16, 2019
Have you read any threads about someone's ONIP getting rejected due to remote study and how are you supposed to prove that you were here during your education?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Have you read any threads about someone's ONIP getting rejected due to remote study and how are you supposed to prove that you were here during your education?
I haven't seen anyone here apply who didn't qualify.

Remote studies are allowed as long as the individual was in Canada while studying remotely.

It's very easy to prove that you were in Canada through travel records, including passport stamps, as well as things like leases, etc.

Reactions: QWERTYKING

QWERTYKING

Star Member
May 16, 2019
Fair enough. Thanks for your speedy responses. I will look in to other ONIP's such as FWS. But sadly my NOC ain't in demand... 72601. Maybe other PNP's or RNIP's in general... Thankfully, I'm still on month 9 of a 3 year PGWP.

tushararora01

Star Member
Aug 3, 2022
Hello Everyone,

I have submitted by application for OINP ISS in March 2023. I have not received any updates for the past 1 month. Anyone received any updates on their application? please share the timelines.
TIA

jjhernan

Star Member
Jul 17, 2022
Hello Everyone,

I have submitted by application for OINP ISS in March 2023. I have not received any updates for the past 1 month. Anyone received any updates on their application? please share the timelines.
TIA
there has not been any other draw for International students, there was 1 for French and another for certain NOCs, but the general one :( also waiting, I applied on Jan this year.

Ivan8409

Apr 3, 2023
Hello Everyone,

I have submitted my application for the oinp, but I have a question regarding ECA for a foreign country, I have a bachelor's degree validated with Toronto University, should I input Canada as a country of Education or my home country,? I already filled my college here in Canada , your comments are highly appreciated it

jjhernan

Star Member
Jul 17, 2022
Hello Everyone,

I have submitted my application for the oinp, but I have a question regarding ECA for a foreign country, I have a bachelor's degree validated with Toronto University, should I input Canada as a country of Education or my home country,? I already filled my college here in Canada , your comments are highly appreciated it
If you have the ECA for a foreign country you should state where did you get that Diploma, so you will have College in Canada and your Bachelor from your home country.

Reactions: Ivan8409