+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONIP CEC Inland: Do I need $12000 for Inland CEC via ONIP?

Fate69

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
I thought if I am an inland CEC, I don't need $12000 for ONIP, but I have asked one immigration agency, they said I need at least $12000 for ONIP even if it's CEC...
So I am totally confused.... ???

r1ley

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Fate69 said:
I thought if I am an inland CEC, I don't need $12000 for ONIP, but I have asked one immigration agency, they said I need at least $12000 for ONIP even if it's CEC...
So I am totally confused.... ???
If you are currently employed and earning over the minimum required funds, you do not need to have the 12k in your account. Just show your 6 month bank statement along with your letter of employment and you're good to go.

Fate69

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
r1ley said:
If you are currently employed and earning over the minimum required funds, you do not need to have the 12k in your account. Just show your 6 month bank statement along with your letter of employment and you're good to go.
I am currently employed, but it's only a part-time job...I do have around $4000 in my bank account, is it suffice?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fate69 said:
I hope so. Different agents are saying different things. I have no idea who I should listen to... :-X
For a change, listen (read, actually) to OINP and IRCC. Only their words matter.

If you're invited under CEC class, you don't need to showcase POF. If you demonstrate ongoing employment income to satisfy the settlement funds requirement, submit supporting documents as evidence of ongoing employment in Ontario.

Eddie S.A

Jan 7, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
IELTS Request
21-11-2015
Med's Done....
16-12-2015
Passport Req..
10-02-2016
I also applied CEC inland and got my PPR and I did not need those funds at all. I just had a letter of employment

Fate69

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Asivad Anac said:
For a change, listen (read, actually) to OINP and IRCC. Only their words matter.

If you're invited under CEC class, you don't need to showcase POF. If you demonstrate ongoing employment income to satisfy the settlement funds requirement, submit supporting documents as evidence of ongoing employment in Ontario.
Thanks Asivad. I am living in Vancouver right now not Ontario, and only have a part-time job, so it really worries me...

Fate69

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Eddie S.A said:
I also applied CEC inland and got my PPR and I did not need those funds at all. I just had a letter of employment
Did you go through ONIP first? Do you have a full-time job when you applied or part-time?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fate69 said:
Thanks Asivad. I am living in Vancouver right now not Ontario, and only have a part-time job, so it really worries me...
In that case, you'll need to showcase POF to OINP. You might still be exempted by IRCC (if you are invited under CEC) but Ontario needs a job in the province to provide an exemption from settlement fund requirement.

Fate69

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Asivad Anac said:
In that case, you'll need to showcase POF to OINP. You might still be exempted by IRCC (if you are invited under CEC) but Ontario needs a job in the province to provide an exemption from settlement fund requirement.
I will show POF to OINP (6 months bank statement), but do I need $12000 required by FSW? If I do, my mother will send $20000 to me, what documents do I need to prove that it's from my mom as a gift? Thanks.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fate69 said:
I will show POF to OINP (6 months bank statement), but do I need $12000 required by FSW? If I do, my mother will send $20000 to me, what documents do I need to prove that it's from my mom as a gift? Thanks.
A signed self-declaration on plain paper that this transfer is a gift not a loan along with proof of actual funds transfer.

Fate69

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Asivad Anac said:
A signed self-declaration on plain paper that this transfer is a gift not a loan along with proof of actual funds transfer.
Signed by my mom, right? Do they need the actual copy or it can be a scan version? It's going to take a really long time to send the actual copy from my country to Canada.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fate69 said:
Signed by my mom, right?

Yes.

Do they need the actual copy or it can be a scan version? It's going to take a really long time to send the actual copy from my country to Canada.

OINP would need the actual document. If they can scan the signed declaration at their end and you take a color print at your end, it might work.

Fate69

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Thanks. I'll let my mother scan first, and then mail it to me in case ONIP needs the actual document later.