+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

one year window program

UNHCR

Oct 13, 2015
hi there every one how is it going!!? hope every one is doing great...
anyways, this site is my only source of info in case of any questions.
im in need of a huge help from u guys.
im a married woman who managed to get into canada through private sponsorship under (refugees and asylum class). i landed in December/2017 (2 months ago)
unfortunately my husband could not accompany me due to uncontrolled circumstances and he had to stay home.but fortunately i mentioned him on my Generic form (imm0008) before i get into canada.
i asked the immi officer about how to bring him to canada and he told me the easiest way is thro OYW.
i spent 2 weeks reading about this form online on cic official site as well as canada.ca which are both the only reliable source of info and in terms of providing pdf forms.
i managed to fill the main form imm5571(request for processing family member) which was quit easy to do so.
then i went thro the huge imm6000 application package and filled up the following forms:

1) imm0008 generic form to be filled by my husband as a main applicant
2) imm0008 schedule 2 form to be filled by my husband as a main applicant
3) imm5669 schedule A form to be filled by my husband as a main applicant
4) imm5476 use of representative i to be filled by my husband as a main applicant
5) imm5679 document checklist

so here comes the questions and confusions:

1- Am I missing any forms or adding extra(unnecessary)forms or thats just about it??
2- Regarding (schedule 2) the website says The following family member(s) is exempt from submitting the Schedule 2 Refugees Outside Canada form,when i open the form it tells me that only PART A of the form is exempt under OYW!!! whats right and whats wrong plz help???
3- Regarding the Generic imm008 form,and exactly at the first question which says(program under which you are applying),,,shall i choose refugee program-----category (outside canada) or
family program --------category (spouse)
4-Regarding imm5476 use of representative,-----shall i choose the original sponsor that i started with or i can make my older son to be the representative or just me??? for the record my son came with me to canada under the same private sponsorship program.