+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

One year post secondary studay in Ontario

JamesYoyo

Star Member
Jul 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi seniors,

I have a question about the CRS points on education which I asked before but didn't get any answer.

The fact is I'm currently taking a part-time program in George Brown college in Toronto and will complete all my courses in the end of this year. After that, I will probably get a college certifcate for my studay which a one year post secondary certficate. So here comes my question that if I will be eligible to claim the points for "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years" since I'm also holding an ECA verified 4 year bacholar degree.

Not sure if I should claim for this or it would be more safer to just claim the points for my 4 year bachelor degree only when I'm going to create my EE profile in December 2015.

Hope you guys can help me and give me some lights!

Thank you very much in advance!

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ECA assessment results:
If your Canadian education is one of these degree or certificate then you can claim points for two or more degrees....

A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree

PLUS any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school), or:

Post-Bachelor's Certificate
Post-Bachelor's Diploma
Graduate Certificate
Postgraduate certificate
Postgraduate Diploma
two-year Postgraduate Diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline]
Study Toward a Master's Degree

omolomi

Apr 30, 2015
JamesYoyo said:
Hi seniors,

I have a question about the CRS points on education which I asked before but didn't get any answer.

The fact is I'm currently taking a part-time program in George Brown college in Toronto and will complete all my courses in the end of this year. After that, I will probably get a college certifcate for my studay which a one year post secondary certficate. So here comes my question that if I will be eligible to claim the points for "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years" since I'm also holding an ECA verified 4 year bacholar degree.

Not sure if I should claim for this or it would be more safer to just claim the points for my 4 year bachelor degree only when I'm going to create my EE profile in December 2015.

Hope you guys can help me and give me some lights!

Thank you very much in advance!
Hi Jamesyoyo,

I believe you are eligible to claim points for "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees" The reason is because I have a similar case.

I have a Canadian bachelors and a one year associate certificate from BCIT. And I am currently in the background check stage of my application.

Goodluck!

JamesYoyo

Star Member
Jul 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omolomi said:
Hi Jamesyoyo,

I believe you are eligible to claim points for "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees" The reason is because I have a similar case.

I have a Canadian bachelors and a one year associate certificate from BCIT. And I am currently in the background check stage of my application.

Goodluck!
Thanks Omo! That's the perfect answer for me:)

Hope you can get your PR visa soon :)