+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

One year of skilled work experience for CEC

vishnuchen

Aug 23, 2015
Hello Everyone.

By the end of this September, I will be eligible for 1 year of work experience in Canada in NOC B category.
But my paystubs are calculated every 15 days and my totals hours for this is 60 hours (2x30hours/ 15 days).

Now I calculate for the total hours in all my paystubs. 24X60 = 1440 hours.

The required is 1560 hours which would require me to continue for another month and apply. 26X60=1560 hours.

Should be eligible for me to apply by the end of September or wait another month and apply by the end of October?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hello Everyone.

By the end of this September, I will be eligible for 1 year of work experience in Canada in NOC B category.
But my paystubs are calculated every 15 days and my totals hours for this is 60 hours (2x30hours/ 15 days).

The required is 1560 hours which would require me to continue for another month and apply. 26X60=1560 hours.

Should be eligible for me to apply by the end of September or wait another month and apply by the end of October?
You need the full provable 1560 hours AND an elapsed 365 days of employment.

hope@90

Jun 7, 2016
Hi All,

I received ITA under CEC, I have received 50 points for Indian Experience. I am having difficulty in getting the experience letters from companies i worked for in India. Without those 50 points i would still qualify for CEC i meant i am still above the cut off of the time i received ITA.

Can i remove Indian experience and mention in Personal Details and write a Letter of Explanation? Or will that be an Issue? Please any reply would be appreciated, i received ITA 30 days back and i am still trying for Indian experience and i am hearing mixed suggestions from everyone some say i can remove Indian experience as long as i clear the cut off my time, some say dont do it it may create issues

Thanks in Advance

A_D_cec

Star Member
Sep 10, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-09-2019
Hello Everyone.

CIC only counts 30hr/week irrespective of the hours worked by the individual.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=664&top=29
So, you must have 1-year of experience to qualify for CEC.

Reactions: scylla

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hello Everyone.

Well, if what you wrote above is accurate, then, yes, you need to work an extra few weeks. But I suspect there is a misunderstanding here.

First, are you salaried or paid an hourly wage? (Is your pay exactly the same every month)? If you are salaried, then the VO will go by the number of hours stated in your letter of reference. Paystubs are not required. (I am salaried too, and oddly, my paystub shows an hourly equivalent, but it bears no resemblance to the hours I work per week).

There are 52 weeks in a year. People who are paid bi-weekly receive 26 paystubs in a year (usually paid an hourly wage). People who are paid semi-monthly receive 24 paystubs in a year (usually salaried - not paid by the hour, but a fixed annual salary divided by 24).

I suspect you are salaried - if yes, ignore what your paystub says and go by what your contract says (should be the same as what your letter of employment says, in terms of the minimum number of hours you are expected to work per week).

If you are actually paid on an hourly basis, given 1440 total hours for the year, that means you would have worked (on average) 27.69 hours per week, fitting IRCC´s definition of part-time work. If you work part-time, you are still eligible, but by definition you will need to work longer than one calendar year to meet the full-time equivalent.

At 27.69 hours per week, you will need to work 57 weeks to meet the FTE, if you are paid an hourly wage.

vishnuchen

Aug 23, 2015
Well, if what you wrote above is accurate, then, yes, you need to work an extra few weeks. But I suspect there is a misunderstanding here.

First, are you salaried or paid an hourly wage? (Is your pay exactly the same every month)? If you are salaried, then the VO will go by the number of hours stated in your letter of reference. Paystubs are not required. (I am salaried too, and oddly, my paystub shows an hourly equivalent, but it bears no resemblance to the hours I work per week).

There are 52 weeks in a year. People who are paid bi-weekly receive 26 paystubs in a year (usually paid an hourly wage). People who are paid semi-monthly receive 24 paystubs in a year (usually salaried - not paid by the hour, but a fixed annual salary divided by 24).

I suspect you are salaried - if yes, ignore what your paystub says and go by what your contract says (should be the same as what your letter of employment says, in terms of the minimum number of hours you are expected to work per week).

If you are actually paid on an hourly basis, given 1440 total hours for the year, that means you would have worked (on average) 27.69 hours per week, fitting IRCC´s definition of part-time work. If you work part-time, you are still eligible, but by definition you will need to work longer than one calendar year to meet the full-time equivalent.

At 27.69 hours per week, you will need to work 57 weeks to meet the FTE, if you are paid an hourly wage.
Yes I am salaried at an annual rate and I have fixed monthly rate irrespective of the pay stub dates when they get to me by 13th (instead of 15) or 29th (instead of 30th)

And my letter of employment states that I am committed to working fixed hours of 30 per week.

So what do you advise for me? I really appreciate your effort of writing me various scenarios. Thank you.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Yes I am salaried at an annual rate and I have fixed monthly rate irrespective of the pay stub dates when they get to me by 13th (instead of 15) or 29th (instead of 30th)

And my letter of employment states that I am committed to working fixed hours of 30 per week.

So what do you advise for me? I really appreciate your effort of writing me various scenarios. Thank you.
My advice - follow directions and stop complicating things! You do not need paystubs... you simply need to provide a T4 and NOA, and the letter of reference stating your annual salary and the fact that you work a minimum of 30 hours per week (plus any benefits). You are not in the same situation as people who are paid an hourly wage.

See the "proof of work experience" section - It says NOTHING about paystubs...
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

A_D_cec

Star Member
Sep 10, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-09-2019
My advice - follow directions and stop complicating things! You do not need paystubs... you simply need to provide a T4 and NOA, and the letter of reference stating your annual salary and the fact that you work a minimum of 30 hours per week (plus any benefits). You are not in the same situation as people who are paid an hourly wage.

See the "proof of work experience" section - It says NOTHING about paystubs...
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html
Although not mandatory, they do ask for pay stubs if you have them. You can find this message embedded in the supporting document section of your PR application.
You must provide proof of work experience for your current job and for each past position you listed. Proof must include a reference letter from your employer and pay stubs, if you have them. The reference letter must:
  • be an official document printed on company letterhead
  • include your name, the company's contact information (address, telephone number, and e-mail address), the signature of your immediate
  • show all positions held while employed at the company
  • include these details: job title, duties/responsibilities, job status (if current job), the dates you worked for the company, the number of work hours per week and your annual salary plus benefits.
You must scan all documents for this period of employment and save them as one file. (You must create a separate file for each period of employment.)

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Although not mandatory, they do ask for pay stubs if you have them. You can find this message embedded in the supporting document section of your PR application.
You must provide proof of work experience for your current job and for each past position you listed. Proof must include a reference letter from your employer and pay stubs, if you have them. The reference letter must:
  • be an official document printed on company letterhead
  • include your name, the company's contact information (address, telephone number, and e-mail address), the signature of your immediate
  • show all positions held while employed at the company
  • include these details: job title, duties/responsibilities, job status (if current job), the dates you worked for the company, the number of work hours per week and your annual salary plus benefits.
You must scan all documents for this period of employment and save them as one file. (You must create a separate file for each period of employment.)
Thank you, now I know where the "paystub" thing comes from. Sadly, not uncommon for contradictory advice from IRCC. I would still submit the T4 and NOA instead, plus perhaps the most recent paystub (since the T4 only covers 2018 and we are now in the 2nd half of the year).