+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

one year job offer rule

sjrohit

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Hi Guys,

I have a question regarding following express entry rules:

The points you can get for a job offer has changed.

you can earn a total of 50 points if you have a valid job offer in a NOC 0, A or B occupation
you can earn a total of 200 points if you have a valid job offer in a NOC 00 occupation.

A job offer now only need to be for a minimum of one year from the time you become a permanent resident.

I belong to NOC B and I have a valid one year job offer starting from 15th March 2017 to 15th March 2018 and I will be applying for PR in January, will I get those 50 points?
As per the second point - "A job offer now only need to be for a minimum of one year from the time you become a permanent resident." What exactly does that mean? Does it mean I will get extra 50 points only if my job starts after I become PR?

its confusing, if anyone has a clear idea about this, please share,

Thanks,
Rohit

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
sjrohit said:
Hi Guys,

you can earn a total of 50 points if you have a valid job offer in a NOC 0, A or B occupation
you can earn a total of 200 points if you have a valid job offer in a NOC 00 occupation.

A job offer now only need to be for a minimum of one year from the time you become a permanent resident.

I belong to NOC B and I have a valid one year job offer starting from 15th March 2017 to 15th March 2018 and I will be applying for PR in January, will I get those 50 points?
As per the second point - "A job offer now only need to be for a minimum of one year from the time you become a permanent resident." What exactly does that mean? Does it mean I will get extra 50 points only if my job starts after I become PR?

Thanks,
Rohit
Is the job based on an lmia and of not, have you already worked there for a year under a closed work permit?

kadian

Sep 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My Query also concerns JOB Offer Points

Presently I have CRS 410 with CLB 8.

If I pursue:-
A. Education- 1 year Canadian PG Diploma and thereafter
B. Job Offer- Complete 1 year of Canadian work experience in NOC B

Correct me if I am wrong, that my CRS Points will jump to 475 CRS or not ??
A. Education- 1 year Canadian PG Diploma - (15 points ?)
B. Job Offer- Complete 1 year of Canadian work experience in NOC B - (50 points ?)

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kadian said:

B. Job Offer- Complete 1 year of Canadian work experience in NOC B - (50 points ?)
Only if you have a valid job offer. If you're working under a PGWP after finishing your studies you are not eligible for those 50 points.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
kadian said:

Yea, no 50 points for you for the job offer. No points for siblings either, aye?

sjrohit

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
kryt0n said:
Is the job based on an lmia and of not, have you already worked there for a year under a closed work permit?
yes, the job offer is LMIA based and yes I have already worked in canada for a year under closed work permit.

EKAANSH

Mar 18, 2017
Dear Rohit

Sorry to write you offbeat but I want to know how you got attested your degree from CCS university .They refused mine documents while stating that they dont have any such procedure .please help me in this matter

Thanx

musaab03

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Hi Guys,

Thanks,
Rohit
I have same situation now. Have you got 50 points?