+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

One year experience

Jaylenwong

Apr 4, 2019
Hello there,

I worked in 3 companies and the total hour is 1960. But my second employer are not willing to give me a reference letter. The hours for first and the third job is over 1560. Can I applied without the second employer's reference letter?

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
Can you list more details like ...

First Job - April 2018 - May 2018 (how many hours per week)
Second job - XXX XXXX
Third Job XXXXXXX

That will be easier and more accurate answer for us

Jaylenwong

Apr 4, 2019
Can you list more details like ...

First Job - April 2018 - May 2018 (how many hours per week)
Second job - XXX XXXX
Third Job XXXXXXX

That will be easier and more accurate answer for us
First Job: April 1st to August 10th 610 hours
Second Job: August 11th to Nov 7th 400 hours
Third Job: Nov 9th to Apirl 5th 1000 hours

Thanks

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
First Job: April 1st to August 10th 610 hours
Second Job: August 11th to Nov 7th 400 hours
Third Job: Nov 9th to Apirl 5th 1000 hours

Thanks
I don't think CIC counts like this, they count full time as 30 hours and up (no matter 35 or 45 hours) for 12 months

so You have about 4 months in first job and 4 months in third job ~ you need another 4 months or get letter from 2nd company

Refer to CIC.

How much work experience do I need to be eligible for the Canadian Experience Class?
To be eligible for permanent residence under the Canadian Experience Class you must have completed, within the three years before you apply, at least:

• 12 months of full-time work:
    • 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours), OR
  • equal amount in part-time hours, such as:
    • 15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
    • 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than 1 job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)

Ankit9110

Dec 18, 2017
Hi everyone,

I received an ITA for CEC fifteen days before I complete my one-year Canadian work experience like many others on this forum. I read a lot of threads about the issue and majority of the forum members advise declining the ITA and waiting for the next round. Some members advise waiting a few days/weeks until one-year is completed and applying afterwards.

On the related page of CIC, it clearly states that "at the time of the ITA or e-APR" twice as:

lowest-ranked candidate invited to apply in that round of invitations.
So I far as understand if I wait 15 days and then apply, it won't be a problem. Can somebody make the issue clear?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/refuse.asp

Please reply only if you are certain about the issue by providing some solid resource or by your very own experience. There is already a lot of confusion about this.

Thanks

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
Hi everyone,

I received an ITA for CEC fifteen days before I complete my one-year Canadian work experience like many others on this forum. I read a lot of threads about the issue and majority of the forum members advise declining the ITA and waiting for the next round. Some members advise waiting a few days/weeks until one-year is completed and applying afterwards.

On the related page of CIC, it clearly states that "at the time of the ITA or e-APR" twice as:

lowest-ranked candidate invited to apply in that round of invitations.
So I far as understand if I wait 15 days and then apply, it won't be a problem. Can somebody make the issue clear?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/refuse.asp

Please reply only if you are certain about the issue by providing some solid resource or by your very own experience. There is already a lot of confusion about this.

Thanks
I already submitted my application and i received ITA before my actual amount of work experience.

I submitted 1 week after my actual work exp in case CIC count my day very carefully

I confirmed this with my agency and few seniors on this site, it's up to you at the end if you trust me lol

Reactions: Ankit9110

Ankit9110

Dec 18, 2017
I already submitted my application and i received ITA before my actual amount of work experience.

I submitted 1 week after my actual work exp in case CIC count my day very carefully

I confirmed this with my agency and few seniors on this site, it's up to you at the end if you trust me lol
Thanks Man, Its not about trust (a lot of long time members stating that the application could be refused in the case I described in the previous comment) and I am just scared that if that happens, it would be another six months. To be honest I had already made this mistake (or not a mistake as you describe it) in February (and I also submitted the application 10 days after the actual 1 year experience) although ITA selection was made before the actual 1 year experience.
I guess I was looking for some solid proof from personal from someone to validate what I was dreading would not happen. So thanks for confirming that, I really appreciate it. All the best to both of us lol

Reactions: a16107

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
Thanks Man, Its not about trust (a lot of long time members stating that the application could be refused in the case I described in the previous comment) and I am just scared that if that happens, it would be another six months. To be honest I had already made this mistake (or not a mistake as you describe it) in February (and I also submitted the application 10 days after the actual 1 year experience) although ITA selection was made before the actual 1 year experience.
I guess I was looking for some solid proof from personal from someone to validate what I was dreading would not happen. So thanks for confirming that, I really appreciate it. All the best to both of us lol
Also let us know if your PR approved at the end so we can use your case for future applicants too lol