+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

One Year Experience Timeline

RajSingh12

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Hello Guys,

Can anyone clarify when i will be completing one year of experience. I started May 29 2019 and have been working full-time from the start date. So, will it be the end of the day on 28th May or 29th May that i will complete 1 year? I am sure of my hours accumulated; just in dilemma of the exact timeline. Any response is appreciated.

Thank you.

RajSingh12

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Hi Raj, did you get ITA hence the reason you waiting on the 29th to submit profile?
No, i meant express entry profile. Its not safe to submit your profile before you complete one year experience because you need to meet the minimum criterion at the time you get your ITA.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hello Guys,

Can anyone clarify when i will be completing one year of experience. I started May 29 2019 and have been working full-time from the start date. So, will it be the end of the day on 28th May or 29th May that i will complete 1 year? I am sure of my hours accumulated; just in dilemma of the exact timeline. Any response is appreciated.

Thank you.
Neither one, it's actually a few days before the 29, calendar years are irrelevant, for IRCC purposes one year = 52 weeks
In you case the 26th.

No, i meant express entry profile. Its not safe to submit your profile before you complete one year experience because you need to meet the minimum criterion at the time you get your ITA.
Not true, you can have a profile created beforehand. Even if you receive the invitation à few days/weeks before, all you have to do is wait until you've actually met the time and apply then.

Optimall

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
Neither one, it's actually a few days before the 29, calendar years are irrelevant, for IRCC purposes one year = 52 weeks
In you case the 26th.

Not true, you can have a profile created beforehand. Even if you receive the invitation à few days/weeks before, all you have to do is wait until you've actually met the time and apply then.
How do you calculate that@Wolfpmd3, including the leap year I mean?

For one started working on May 25th 2019 when will be 52weeks?

May 10, 2019
I have the same doubt. I started on 29 May but took 3 weeks paid vacation and went to India. Does my vacation count in the work experience or I need to wait for 3 additional weeks before applying for PR.

RajSingh12

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
I have the same doubt. I started on 29 May but took 3 weeks paid vacation and went to India. Does my vacation count in the work experience or I need to wait for 3 additional weeks before applying for PR.
My understanding is that paid vacation is totally fine.Well, 2-3 weeks is very normal. If you have worked enough hours, you are good to go.

RajSingh12

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Hello Guys,

Thank you.
Hello @jes_ON @DelPiero07 , I see that you guys give the best and honest advise. Please take a moment to reply to the question i have stated above .
Thank you guys.

RajSingh12

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Hello @jes_ON @DelPiero07 , I see that you guys give the best and honest advise. Please take a moment to reply to the question i have stated above .
Thank you guys.
In you case the 26th.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html

But this says that at the time of ITA ,applicant needs to meet the minimum entry criterion.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
It says so, but they also acknowledge that because you cannot provide day information, only month and year, the system in many occasions will grant potential candidates points a few days/weeks before the actual date. Hence, the applicant is responsible to make sure that they submit the application once they've actually earned the points they've been awarded.

This is a well-known issue and many people

However, if you are planning to apply under CEC you should not create your profile before the date when you've completed the 1-year experience. In that case, if you receive an ITA before completing the year, you will have lied at the moment when you created the profile.

However, if you need to get points for 2 years worth of experience, the system may assign points beforehand and you might receive an ITA before you actually completed the 2 years. In such case you should keep your ITA, wait and apply once your 2 years of work experience have been completed.

RajSingh12

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
It says so, but they also acknowledge that because you cannot provide day information, only month and year, the system in many occasions will grant potential candidates points a few days/weeks before the actual date. Hence, the applicant is responsible to make sure that they submit the application once they've actually earned the points they've been awarded.

This is a well-known issue and many people

However, if you are planning to apply under CEC you should not create your profile before the date when you've completed the 1-year experience. In that case, if you receive an ITA before completing the year, you will have lied at the moment when you created the profile.

However, if you need to get points for 2 years worth of experience, the system may assign points beforehand and you might receive an ITA before you actually completed the 2 years. In such case you should keep your ITA, wait and apply once your 2 years of work experience have been completed.
Right. It is a different story if you are claiming 2 years. I am applying under CEC and started my full time job last year May 29. So, should i submit my profile on 29th start of the day because there might be a draw on 29th? I believe i would have completed 12 months and required number of hours. what is your opinion. Some people might wait additional day just to be on the safe side.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Right. It is a different story if you are claiming 2 years. I am applying under CEC and started my full time job last year May 29. So, should i submit my profile on 29th start of the day because there might be a draw on 29th? I believe i would have completed 12 months and required number of hours. what is your opinion. Some people might wait additional day just to be on the safe side.
Actually, you should take in account having completed 52 weeks, which is actually a couple days before a full calendar year. As long as you've worked 30 or more hours every single week and have taken about 2 weeks worth of vacations only or less, then yes, you will have completed the required 1560 hours. - - > 52*30=1560

You can actually submit your profile on the 26th of May. You started working on a Wednesday (29/5/2019).Hence, the last day of your 52th week is a Tuesday, in this case May the 26th. And actually if you work on a 7.5 hours/day basis from M-F, you could submit the profile on the 25th, because you would have completed the 30 hours for the 52nd week by Monday. (7.5 hours per day, for a total of 30 hours, between May 20,21,22 and 25), the hours for the 26th you wouldn't count because they go beyond the 30 hour limit IRCC takes into account each week.

If you had started on a Monday, you could even submit the profile a couple additional days in advance because there wouldn't be any need to wait for Saturday and Sunday, since you would have completed the 30 hours worth of work for that last week by Friday, and in most cases by Thursday...