+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

One thing I noticed about RQ receivers

zwho

Jul 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are people who got RQ mostly frequent the United States visitors????
As I read many threads about RQ, those who received RQ here have travelled quite a lot especially to the USA. So obviously on their passports, there are many stamps and some of them are missing if it's their concern.

Mary2009

Star Member
Aug 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Actually "ANY" frequent trips outside Canada, is a red flag (in the eyes of CIC officers)...

So even if someone traveling too many times to his home country and/or middle east countries.. etc...

They "assume" (very naively if you ask me) that he/she is trying to hide something, and he's living there and claiming that he's in Canada! ;D

Then he qualifys for RQ ...

RQ in itself isn't a problem (for someone who is not trying to hide anything)....
the only issues with RQ are:
1- Very little time to prepare everything requested.
2- Very long time to actually process and look at the documents you sent them!!

janoo

May 16, 2014
yes very true... 45 days to reply and 35 months to get out come.... this is the

issue otherwise CIC have a right to ask any query and get the reply but they

should also act fast.... my case I have given all the required documents within

45 days and send all by courier to avoid delays and since last 17 months am calling

CIC and get the same answer file in process RQ not yet review ?

zwho

Jul 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interesting. So how frequent is frequent? I travelled three times only - 22, 169, 14 days each-. Is that something I should be ready for it?

Actually "ANY" frequent trips outside Canada, is a red flag (in the eyes of CIC officers)...

So even if someone traveling too many times to his home country and/or middle east countries.. etc...

They "assume" (very naively if you ask me) that he/she is trying to hide something, and he's living there and claiming that he's in Canada! Grin

Then he qualifys for RQ ...

RQ in itself isn't a problem (for someone who is not trying to hide anything)....
the only issues with RQ are:
1- Very little time to prepare everything requested.
2- Very long time to actually process and look at the documents you sent them!!

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think there is an unwritten rule shared among CIC staff that if there is anyone who go out of the country before 1095 physical days put them in the RQ database

12om3

Star Member
May 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
newtone said:
I think there is an unwritten rule shared among CIC staff that if there is anyone who go out of the country before 1095 physical days put them in the RQ database
I don't think that is a rule .. I have a friend who is leaving Canada for about 14 days every year, sometimes twice a year .. and he (with his mom and brother) have residency in thet country they go to which is valid .. they didn't get RQ at all and their application was processed in 12 month from day of application to oath. The only notice here is that he told me they got all stamps in their passport translated to english and also they got in-and-out report from that country ^_^