+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

One slight update on my account today

heinzlin

Feb 25, 2017
Hi All,

I got one slight update on my account today, status changed from "We do not need additional documents" back to "Your addtional documents are being reviewed". I am confused, it was "Your addtional documents are being reviewed" before, then changed to "We do not need additional documents", now it seems changed back again or do you think things are moving forward? Is it normal ? Anyone who had this situation before? thanks a lot if someone can comment, have a nice day!

Reactions: superspecial90

superspecial90

Aug 13, 2017
Hi All,

I got one slight update on my account today, status changed from "We do not need additional documents" back to "Your addtional documents are being reviewed". I am confused, it was "Your addtional documents are being reviewed" before, then changed to "We do not need additional documents", now it seems changed back again or do you think things are moving forward? Is it normal ? Anyone who had this situation before? thanks a lot if someone can comment, have a nice day!
Hello!
I recently got my PPR on the 179th day after my AOR. I was checking myCIC account almost every day and was reading a lot in this forum.
All of that made me realize one thing (rather late!), and one thing only. It's completely meaningless to try to make any sense of changes in myCIC account.
People see updates in random order, some see them regularly, some (like me!) never see them at all!
Either way, if you see changes it doesn't change anything for yourself. You still do not know exactly what is happening with your application, what stage it is in or how far you are from the PPR.

I would suggest you take a step back, breathe a little and tell yourself that, it is going to take a while and one day you will get an email.
Keep an eye on your email (especially the spam/junk folder) and that day will come.

From my experience, the status changes do not make any sensible meaning apart from being signs of some kind of progress on the overall processing. Trying to determine stages or a probably PPR timeframe is a fools game.

You decide whether if you want to play that game or not!

Reactions: Nix9 and jazzyapd