21-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
27-Feb-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
30-Dec-2013
Hi there

My fiancee is gonna get her passport back by tomorrow or day after tomorrow. CIC sent it back today at 6pm and she is planning to do the landing this weekend at Niagara falls.
My question is does she have to show or submit her work permit when she does the landing, cos she lost it :-X......I am not kidding ( We searched the whole house and we could not find it ). I tried to go through the previous post and saw that officers took the work permit and some of them did not even bother about it. should she apply for the replacement work permit and wait for it till it comes and then do the landing or should she go ahead and do it this weekend?
We still have the copies for the work permit though 8) 8)

thankyou in advance

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
she does not need to reapply for a replacement of work permit and she does not need to show them work permit at the port of entry unless the officer ask for it.
since she lost it if the officer ask for the work permit she can simply say that its lost,its not a big deal at all and the officer will not refuse her landing because of not holding a work permit but she can carry a copy of the work permit as a proof just in case.
also my two cents advise,try to avoid landing during the weekend if she can because its usually busy at the border and some people have had unpleasant experiences.

btw can you share when was your fiancee's passport received by cpp-ottawa?
congrats and good luck :)

PandFeb2013

Star Member
Apr 2, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 6 2013
AOR Received.
Mar 21 2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med - Dec 5 2013 / RPRF_Bio - Dec 6 2013
2much2eat said:
Hi there

My fiancee is gonna get her passport back by tomorrow or day after tomorrow. CIC sent it back today at 6pm and she is planning to do the landing this weekend at Niagara falls.
My question is does she have to show or submit her work permit when she does the landing, cos she lost it :-X......I am not kidding ( We searched the whole house and we could not find it ). I tried to go through the previous post and saw that officers took the work permit and some of them did not even bother about it. should she apply for the replacement work permit and wait for it till it comes and then do the landing or should she go ahead and do it this weekend?

thankyou in advance
Hi 2much2eat,

Though I haven't landed yet and cannot say from experience, my understanding is that once you receive PPR the current WP becomes void and the officer at the border do not need it to mark it as void or anything as such. They might ask for it only for verification purpose. Hence if you have a copy of it it should be fine if you show that and tell them that the original is misplaced. You should be fine to go and do the landing. Hope this helps. Best of luck!!

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
Hi PandFeb2013,i just would like to correct something you have said.
your work permit does not become void when you get passport request or when you received your passport back with visa stamped in and confirmation of permanent residence.
you will be holding a temporary foreign worker status until you finish your landing,that is the day you officially become a permanent resident of canada.

2much2eat

Nov 20, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
27-Feb-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
30-Dec-2013
2much2eat said:
Hi there

thankyou in advance
Thankyou so much guys
This is her timeline
Applied on 11/29/2012
AOR receieved on 1/24/2013
Medicals Requested 5-Nov
Medicals Done 12-Nov
Medicals Received 18-Nov
PPR Received 21-Nov
Passport send 25-NOV
CIC Received it the next day on 26th

Finally the return tracker got updated today :D :D :D :D

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
you are welcome 2much2eat :)

it took 9 days from the date they received her passport until the tracker is activated,this is indeed encouraging for everyone here waiting to get their passport back.

once again congrats and good luck,she is very close to the finish line :)

PandFeb2013

Star Member
Apr 2, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 6 2013
AOR Received.
Mar 21 2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med - Dec 5 2013 / RPRF_Bio - Dec 6 2013
canadavisa13 said:
Hi PandFeb2013,i just would like to correct something you have said.
your work permit does not become void when you get passport request or when you received your passport back with visa stamped in and confirmation of permanent residence.
you will be holding a temporary foreign worker status until you finish your landing,that is the day you officially become a permanent resident of canada.
Hi canadavisa13. Thanks for the clarification.

Congratulations 2much2eat!!

andreleiangel

Star Member
Feb 9, 2013
Hi guys

What do we need to bring when doing landing in border pls share do i need to show proof of funds, passport pix etc.

eds1275

Champion Member
Sep 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2013
AOR Received.
17-02-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
17-02-2013
Med's Request
04-11-2013
Med's Done....
06-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2013 (received on 17-12-2013)
LANDED..........
19-12-2013 (Peace Bridge, Fort Erie)
I've searched the forum, but did not get an answer for the following question.

Landing timings: can we do landing any day any time ?

NotreDame

Nov 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-07-2013
AOR Received.
Feb-17-2013
Med's Request
Oct-12-2013
Med's Done....
Oct-21-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov-22-2013
LANDED..........
Dec-07-2013
eds1275 said:
I've searched the forum, but did not get an answer for the following question.

Landing timings: can we do landing any day any time ?
Afaik, the border officers work 24/7. I did my landing last Saturday at Rainbow Bridge Fort Erie.
The officers there didn't give me a hard time. They just required my passport/CoPR/Current Valid Work permit, asked me to initial there is no crime committed and sign on CoPR and everything's done.
Though I prepared all the documents like Birth Certificate, Reference Letter from employer, Bank Statements for the recent 6 months, T4 & NoA for 3 years, Travel Documents, Medical Result Form etc, they won't even take a look at them.

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
Hi congrats on your landing :)

i just want to say that not all border offices across the country offer immigration services 24/7,search the CBSA website for more info.
by the way you almost took the whole application package with you for landing lol all you missed is cic forms ;) how can you expect an officer at the border to ask for all those when your application has been processed and approved.in another word all the mentioned documents were part of your application package at cpp-ottawa and they have gone through verification by an officer before he approves your pr application.