+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

One of my dependent child will not come after receiving Copr.

gelu

Dec 6, 2023
Hi i applied my Pr together with my two kids. As principal applicant my medical exam expires on Dec. 14, 2023.
As advised i need to bring my 2kids to complete the landing to get their PR card. What will happen if my other child will not come for the meantime due to some issues. Will it affect our both PR status with my other child?
Please let me know your reply is highly appreciated.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi i applied my Pr together with my two kids. As principal applicant my medical exam expires on Dec. 14, 2023.
As advised i need to bring my 2kids to complete the landing to get their PR card. What will happen if my other child will not come for the meantime due to some issues. Will it affect our both PR status with my other child?
Please let me know your reply is highly appreciated.
If one child does not land, then that child will not become a PR. Doesn't affect the others. You could sponsor that kid in future, if still eligible (by age etc).

gelu

Dec 6, 2023
Hello,
In the case of the other sponsored dependant whom cannot come to canada as stated on my previous concern how long will it allow him to enter canada using the same copr? Can he still be allowed to enter Canada regardless of the Principal applicant medical expiry? Their copr doesn't have an expiry date on it but their medical exam will expire on March 1, 2024. Im just confused if the entey will be basing on the medical expiry or the allowable no. Of days to enter Canada.

Thank you so much.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello,
In the case of the other sponsored dependant whom cannot come to canada as stated on my previous concern how long will it allow him to enter canada using the same copr? Can he still be allowed to enter Canada regardless of the Principal applicant medical expiry? Their copr doesn't have an expiry date on it but their medical exam will expire on March 1, 2024. Im just confused if the entey will be basing on the medical expiry or the allowable no. Of days to enter Canada.

Thank you so much.
Evidently you do not have the COPR yet. COPRs have expiry dates. Usually that date will be the one-year anniversary of the principal applicant's medical exam (what you've called expiry of the medical exam). The issuing office can, in some circumstances, use a different date (for example if they think the time between issuing and landing would be too short). You don't generally have much control over this.