+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

One more time - Please help!!!

IrfanK

Jan 23, 2009
Hi Folks,

I know some of the folks would have got frustrated replying to this or similar question.
I tried to conclude answer for my case from different posts but cudn't find a satisfactory one.
I would really appreciate if someone can please answer my question.

I graduated from USA in December 2008 with Masters degree in MIS and I have been working as Business Analyst since August 2008 till date.
Before that i worked as Software Engineer for 1.9 yrs in India.
Q1) Can someone please tell me if i am eligible under FSW category.
From the below paragraph i understand the CIC is willing to consider Software Engineers too.
Q2) Does the codes 0213 and 2173 have the same weight, meaning the application for 2173 would be considered with equal importance as 0213?

Computer and information systems managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of organizations that analyze, design, develop, implement, operate and administer computer and telecommunications software, networks and information systems. They are employed throughout the public and private sectors. Click here for a list of Example Titles of this occupation.
Applicants with experience in the following occupations may also be considered under this NOC depending on the specifics of the main duties performed:

* Computer and information systems supervisors (in 217 Computer and Information Systems Professionals)
* Computer Engineers (Except Software Engineers and Designers) (2147)
* Computer Programmers and Interactive Media Developers (2174)
* Computer services company presidents (in 0013 Senior Managers - Financial, Communications and Other Business Services)
* Database Analysts and Data Administrators (2172)
* Information Systems Analysts and Consultants (2171)
* LAN managers (in 2281 Computer Network Technicians)
* Software Engineers and Designers (2173)

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everybody,
1) can somebody please confirm whether the following 3 Clauses are considered under the 0213 NOC. If Yes, do you have to be a PNP nominee to apply. I am a bit confused as i never considered the FSW 1 category because of the " other Classes".

* Computer and information systems supervisors (in 217 Computer and Information Systems Professionals)

I have just been going through the EG7 for the first time and found this or am i missing something.

Applications for Permanent Residence under the Federal Skilled Worker Class can be submitted by foreign nationals who are skilled workers and professionals.

2) Am I supposed to have an arranged employment?

3) If I already have Simplified FSW application in place, can I have a FSW 1 application running concurrently as well. My reason for this is all the above clauses actually apply to me. 1 Year as (217) ( 2 Years as 2281) (3 Years experience as 2147).

I'd be highly appreciative if someone responses to this question of mine.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Rupeshari,

Under the 0213, are these NOC's (below) accepted.

2) Can one apply for FSW 1, If u already have the Simplied FSW application lodged since 2007.

The reason for this is actually to beat the long waiting period. I definitely meet the other factors 67 Points, funds, family in Canada etc

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cheers for the response Rupeshhari.

I am actually looking at the NOC.s now, this looks good.

Thank's to IRFANK for bringing up this topic.

I am going to call CIC to find out if it is possible to have both running without withdrawing the initial application.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cheers once again Rupeshhari,

I will definitely do my home work before taking any actions. I just don't know how and why I had overseen these new rules.

IrfanK

Jan 23, 2009
Thanks Rupeshri for your response ... I did some of the duties of 0213 but as u can see it was my first job so obviously i couldn't do all of those...However i did some of other left over duties in my current job...Does that help??
What i understand is they need continuous experience but i was here for my higher studies during the gap..

Good Luck!!! BobbyB