+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

One month vacation Without Pay ?? pls help seniors

nimmiboy

Apr 22, 2005
Riyadh - KSA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am working in Riyadh, KSA and just returned from my two months vacation (one month with pay whereas one month without pay as mutual understanding with my employer) so if I show all of this in my background history so it could be affect on my application bcoz there is one month GAP in my continuous employment due to vacation. I am working with them for last 1.5 years.

Pls guide and share ur exp

sunshy

Star Member
Mar 15, 2010
If you were still employed while you were on vacation, why would you consider that a gap? Every employment has vacations! That is what i think.

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nimmiboy said:
I am working in Riyadh, KSA and just returned from my two months vacation (one month with pay whereas one month without pay as mutual understanding with my employer) so if I show all of this in my background history so it could be affect on my application bcoz there is one month GAP in my continuous employment due to vacation. I am working with them for last 1.5 years.

Pls guide and share ur exp

As you were employed by you company during the vacation so its does not matter if it was paid or not. Some companies dont give paid holidays. I dont think you should mention this non-paid leave in your application because you were not unemployed.

Cheers
Saki

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
nimmiboy said:
pls guide and share ur exp
Its ok. If you remained employed, then I don't consider it a gap either.

But just wanted to point out that CIC has revised its rules on "continuous" employment:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2010/ob173.asp

preetdhillon4u

Star Member
May 22, 2010
NEW YORK
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2010
AOR Received.
4 NOV 2010
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
Awaiting
thats fine brother...take my case

i was in merchant navy ships..,,so we used to stay 5months home in a year...that all counts ur work experience...dont worry..