One month today, I landed in Toronto.

ahorse

Star Member
Sep 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello trinatocanada,
please share your experience:
what kind of apartment comes with furniture, like bed, table etc?
As I do not want to buy them initially.
Thanks a lot!
ahorse

dreamteam

Star Member
Nov 26, 2008
hi, i am also a physiotherapist,hope the job of a physiotherapy assistant gives you room to study for the exams?i am thinking of working as a personal trainer (can fit pro or ace) or as a strength and conditioning coach before i do my exams because i have strong sports background.hope this makes sense from a landed immigrant's view

piolo

Star Member
Mar 30, 2009
Hi Trina,

Thank you for your replies inspite of your heavy scheds.

Your posts are inspiring so please keep on sharing thru this forum.
Lots of Physios are so eager to read your posts.

Piolo

trinatocanada

Dec 18, 2008
The Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ahorse said:
Hello trinatocanada,
please share your experience:
what kind of apartment comes with furniture, like bed, table etc?
As I do not want to buy them initially.
Thanks a lot!
ahorse
You can google alfred furnished apartments. They provide short or long term apartment rentals; both furnished and unfurnished. The furnished apartment we stayed in back in downtown Toronto included everything. Full kitchen with all utensils and a dishwasher, all the furniture is there (beds, sofas, dining set), ensuite washer and dryer and even wifi internet with landline and cable TV. It is very expensive to rent for long term but for short term while you scout your own apartment I think it was great.

trinatocanada

Dec 18, 2008
The Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dreamteam said:
hi, i am also a physiotherapist,hope the job of a physiotherapy assistant gives you room to study for the exams?i am thinking of working as a personal trainer (can fit pro or ace) or as a strength and conditioning coach before i do my exams because i have strong sports background.hope this makes sense from a landed immigrant's view
Its a full time job with fixed hours and optional weekeds, but I think (I hope) I'll be able to squeeze in some study time. Its gonna be easier because its just me and nobody else to take care of.
If that is your plan then I suggest you start contacting institutions who employ personal trainers like gyms just to ask if they need any certifications before you can practice as a coach or if your credentials and experience is enough to get you the job. If you have researched the market and found out that there is ample demand for personal trainers in a certain area then maybe you should concentrate there. Good luck!

ahorse

Star Member
Sep 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thank you very much!
trinatocanada said:
You can google alfred furnished apartments. They provide short or long term apartment rentals; both furnished and unfurnished. The furnished apartment we stayed in back in downtown Toronto included everything. Full kitchen with all utensils and a dishwasher, all the furniture is there (beds, sofas, dining set), ensuite washer and dryer and even wifi internet with landline and cable TV. It is very expensive to rent for long term but for short term while you scout your own apartment I think it was great.

D

drgladiator

CONGRATS...HOW DID U SEARCH UR PA job? how much is pay?
i am under 3112 & planning to get some PA job whil i will be prepg MCC exams...

trinatocanada

Dec 18, 2008
The Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
drgladiator said:
CONGRATS...HOW DID U SEARCH UR PA job? how much is pay?
i am under 3112 & planning to get some PA job whil i will be prepg MCC exams...
Please check your inbox. I already sent you a message.

Appan

Jun 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Grace of God
HI, trinatocanada,
I have sent a PM to you.

Appan.

trinatocanada

Dec 18, 2008
The Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
3 1/2 years ago I started my life in Canada. I had a game plan, a time line. Unfortunately, life gets in the way of plans. But what is important is that you persevere. It has been awhile since I last posted here and for that I apologize. This forum has been the greatest help during my application process and even right after I landed. It has been a source of information and inspiration.

I praise God for His blessings. I just found out that I passed the Physiotherapy National Exam and I can now work as a Physiotherapist! Three years ain't bad eh? :)

Good luck and God speed to all of you who have dreams to achieve!

gwynemalazarte

Jul 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-May-2013
Doc's Request.
30-January-2013 (SSS, ITR, COE, Company ID)
AOR Received.
15-July-2013
IELTS Request
together with the application
File Transfer...
15-August-2013
Med's Request
25-February-2013
Med's Done....
5-June-2014 (Sputum)
Interview........
24-Feb-2014
Passport Req..
08-Aug-2014
LANDED..........
08-Oct-2014
trinatocanada said:
3 1/2 years ago I started my life in Canada. I had a game plan, a time line. Unfortunately, life gets in the way of plans. But what is important is that you persevere. It has been awhile since I last posted here and for that I apologize. This forum has been the greatest help during my application process and even right after I landed. It has been a source of information and inspiration.

I praise God for His blessings. I just found out that I passed the Physiotherapy National Exam and I can now work as a Physiotherapist! Three years ain't bad eh? :)

Wow!! congrats Trina... Have blessed life ahead.. :)

rawdah

Champion Member
May 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013 PER Rec'd...: 07-08-2013
Doc's Request.
04-03-2014
Med's Request
23-09-2014
Med's Done....
24-09-2014
Passport Req..
PPR1:23-09-2014, PPR2: 20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-10-2014
LANDED..........
04-12-2014
trinatocanada said:

Congrats trinatocanada :)

Have a great life ahead.

klmy

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore/Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-1-12
Doc's Request.
Same day
Nomination.....
1-3-12
IELTS Request
Alongwith application
Med's Request
13-5-13
Med's Done....
26-5-13
Interview........
Waived ALHAMDOOLILAH
Passport Req..
26-7-13
VISA ISSUED...
7-8-13
trinatocanada said:

many many congratulations..big success i must say...need ur advice regarding preparation..

Target2013

Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30 Apr 2014...
trinatocanada said:
Hello friends,

It has been exactly one month since I landed in Toronto. What can I tell you about my experiences? Well, my family and I spent the first three weeks just being tourists. We rented a furnished apartment in downtown close to all the tourist spots so we did not need a car. We walked the streets of Toronto and enjoyed the parks and other tourist attractions. Niagara Falls is always a must see for first time visitors to the country. It was important for me that my family first had fun in our new country to get to appreciate what it can offer.

I think the end of summer is the best time to land for an immigrant. Students who work part-time during the summer go back to school by September so there are alot of jobs. There are also full time jobs available because the Canadians love going back to school, so other full-timers become students again in September leaving even more jobs open.

I do not disagree with others when they say that you should be ready to take whatever job to survive the first few months in Canada. But please do not lose your focus. If you are a professional and you need extra studies to be able to practice in Canada, plan and go ahead with it. I have met so many immigrants who are "stuck" in their survivial jobs. If you find that your calling is to change your career then do it.

In my opinion, the most important tool for any job search here is your grasp of the english language. More than your years of experience; if you cannot communicate and share what you know then it is futile.

With God's blessings I arrived in Toronto but have decided to make Ottawa my new home. It is there that I found a job and a decent place to live in order to begin my Canadian dream.

So, good luck to all of us. Have faith and courage for these are necessities to start a new life in a new country. God bless!

Great...........! It will be good guidance to us...............!

Target...