Apr 15, 2010
Dubai, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
trinatocanada said:
3 1/2 years ago I started my life in Canada. I had a game plan, a time line. Unfortunately, life gets in the way of plans. But what is important is that you persevere. It has been awhile since I last posted here and for that I apologize. This forum has been the greatest help during my application process and even right after I landed. It has been a source of information and inspiration.

I praise God for His blessings. I just found out that I passed the Physiotherapy National Exam and I can now work as a Physiotherapist! Three years ain't bad eh? :)

Good luck and God speed to all of you who have dreams to achieve!
Congratulations! Continue to be an inspiration to many. Best to you and your family ( I am assuming you are all in Canada now or your hubby still in UAE?)

aashay12

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo transferred to ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2011
Med's Request
25th october 2013
Med's Done....
yes
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
first week of january
VISA ISSUED...
24/1/14
LANDED..........
13 nov, a day before the visa expires
Hey guys i am from Chicago, lived here for almost 10 years
will be going to canada soon in less than a month...was just wondering about the jobs
in canada...i want to go into IT sector...i dont know much about it...i have done QA training
recently....so just want some guidance...

reddevil7281

Star Member
May 13, 2013
Dubai, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
1112 <br>ECA Docs Filed: 30-04-2013 <br>Docs Reached.: 03-05-2013 <br>ECA Complete.: 03-05-2013 <br>ECA Received..: 06-05-2013 <br>App. Sent.......: 07-05-2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with App <br><br>App Returned: 22.07.2013 (NOC mismatch)
Nice to see the clarity and to the point explanation by the OP.

If you don't mind me asking, how is the general public around you now? Are Canadians just as helpful? Has anything changed culturally?

Thanks!

trinatocanada

Dec 18, 2008
The Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pachochay said:
Congratulations! Continue to be an inspiration to many. Best to you and your family ( I am assuming you are all in Canada now or your hubby still in UAE?)
Yes, hubby and our eldest son has been here now for a year. It was easy for him to adjust because I had already established a home and a stable job before they came. Now we are blessed with a new baby girl, our little canadian :)

trinatocanada

Dec 18, 2008
The Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
reddevil7281 said:
Nice to see the clarity and to the point explanation by the OP.

If you don't mind me asking, how is the general public around you now? Are Canadians just as helpful? Has anything changed culturally?

Thanks!
Canadians, in general, are very accommodating. I think this is so, mainly because at one point in their family tree, one of their ancestors was an immigrant. Having very good english skills is way more important than your years of experience in whatever profession you were in. I have met immigrants who were chosen for a job over another candidate with more experience just because the former was more eloquent and had better command of the english language.

reddevil7281

Star Member
May 13, 2013
Dubai, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
1112 <br>ECA Docs Filed: 30-04-2013 <br>Docs Reached.: 03-05-2013 <br>ECA Complete.: 03-05-2013 <br>ECA Received..: 06-05-2013 <br>App. Sent.......: 07-05-2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with App <br><br>App Returned: 22.07.2013 (NOC mismatch)
trinatocanada said:
Canadians, in general, are very accommodating. I think this is so, mainly because at one point in their family tree, one of their ancestors was an immigrant. Having very good english skills is way more important than your years of experience in whatever profession you were in. I have met immigrants who were chosen for a job over another candidate with more experience just because the former was more eloquent and had better command of the english language.
Thanks for your reply! That is amazing to read, about the command over English holding such importance. Though in a way with so many new immigrants it is not something totally unexpected from the employers.

Congrats on your baby girl and wishing well to you and your family.

donwin4real

Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2011
AOR Received.
23-05-2011
IELTS Request
Included with initial application
Med's Request
15-07-2013
Med's Done....
05-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2013
LANDED..........
Not Yet
trinatocanada said:
Thanx for sharing this, good to know that use of English can quickly bring success even faster than years of work experience in Canada, this has been duly noted!

I am happy for you; how you've created and made a home ready for your hubby and son, and the arrival of your new baby girl as well. Congratulations!

Also, I am inspired by you a lot in so many ways; applying for a job before landing and securing one within a month of landing despite still having to pass the license exams....your game plan, tactics, focus, ambitions without shifting all the way to passing your licensing exams in 3years! Wow, this is great!

I can tell you now that yours is now a true success story! and I hope you accept it now...

I have learned through this thread and I will continue to as I and my family are preparing to land in Alberta by April ending.

Kindly advise, I am an IT Consultant, do you think it's best I pursue my masters or is there a licensing exam for IT professionals that I can go for instead??

Thank you

trinatocanada

Dec 18, 2008
The Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
donwin4real said:
Thanx for sharing this, good to know that use of English can quickly bring success even faster than years of work experience in Canada, this has been duly noted!

I am happy for you; how you've created and made a home ready for your hubby and son, and the arrival of your new baby girl as well. Congratulations!

Also, I am inspired by you a lot in so many ways; applying for a job before landing and securing one within a month of landing despite still having to pass the license exams....your game plan, tactics, focus, ambitions without shifting all the way to passing your licensing exams in 3years! Wow, this is great!

I can tell you now that yours is now a true success story! and I hope you accept it now...

I have learned through this thread and I will continue to as I and my family are preparing to land in Alberta by April ending.

Kindly advise, I am an IT Consultant, do you think it's best I pursue my masters or is there a licensing exam for IT professionals that I can go for instead??

Thank you
I am not familiar with how the IT profession is regulated in Canada so I wouldn't be the best to give you advice on how to proceed. I would suggest contacting universities and just asking them what it would take for you to be able to practice. Most of them are accommodating and will answer whatever questions you may have. A known IT uni here in Ottawa is Carleton University. To start, you can email their admissions department. I do not know any unis out in Alberta. Good luck!