+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

One month left for pr card to get expire and now want to travel back to canada.

Tejbirvirk

Mar 23, 2019
Hi ,
I couldn’t spend more than one year in canada since i got my pr card in 2014 and now card is expiring in may 2019. And i am in india, now planning to go back to canada and i wonder if i will face any issue at the airport in canada or the entry will be smooth. Now i will stay in canada .

Please share your views.

Regards
Tejbir

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
It is possible on arrival since you have failed the residency obligation to be reported leading to your PR status being revoked subject to appeal. You would still be entitled to enter the country even if reported pending the appeal process.

On the other hand you may not get reported, no way to predict, but odds seem high that you could be. If not reported you need stay in Canada for 2 plus years without leaving or trying to renew your PR card.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You also won't be able to sponsor anyone until you are compliant with your RO so if you have gotten married or have had children that will be an issue. Having a valid PR card can be necessarily if you are trying to renew things like health cards. Depends on the province.