+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

'One and the same person' affidavit

RISHIFERRARI20

Star Member
Sep 27, 2018
Does anyone know how to get a 'One and the same person' affidavit? I live in Bangalore, India. My surname is shortened to just initials in ALL my documents - education, bank records, employment records etc. Even the WES ECA report mentions this discrepancy on top of the report. I have read on this forum about other people having the same issue and it not being a problem. So am I okay to proceed as is or should I upload an affidavit mandatorily? If yes, then is this to be self-written and attested or by an immigration attorney or any notary? How do I get this done in Bangalore?

lazycrazyboon

Star Member
Apr 27, 2016
Hi.. did you get this 'One and the same person' affidavit? I am in the same boat. My fiance's name on the passport doesn;t match entirely with the documents that we provided.
Have you heard back from CIC regarding the affidavit or the name mismatch issue?

RISHIFERRARI20

Star Member
Sep 27, 2018
Hi.. did you get this 'One and the same person' affidavit? I am in the same boat. My fiance's name on the passport doesn;t match entirely with the documents that we provided.
Have you heard back from CIC regarding the affidavit or the name mismatch issue?
No, I just ended up putting it on my Letter of Explanation. I did not get an affidavit done. FYI, my application is still under process.

Reactions: lazycrazyboon

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
No, I just ended up putting it on my Letter of Explanation. I did not get an affidavit done. FYI, my application is still under process.
How did it go, guys? I have similar issue as some of my documents have different family name spelling. I was rushing to submit the application so much I did not mention it in the LOE, but I did send case specific enquiry to inform them.

Reactions: RISHIFERRARI20

RISHIFERRARI20

Star Member
Sep 27, 2018
How did it go, guys? I have similar issue as some of my documents have different family name spelling. I was rushing to submit the application so much I did not mention it in the LOE, but I did send case specific enquiry to inform them.
I got my PR and they never asked me for anything further. So my opinion is that an affidavit is not really needed.

Reactions: nns14
Dec 13, 2023
Hi.. There are some discrepancies in my husband's name in some of his documents like initials being expanded in some and not in others. Is it okay to submit a one and the same certificate from village office (by Tehsildar) or do we need to prepare an affidavit with a notary public? Are both acceptable by IRCC?