Med's Done....
29-02-2019
Passport Req..
01-04-2019
VISA ISSUED...
10-04-2019
LANDED..........
16-05-2019
Hi I am from India , but currently living in US. I have received my ITA . My last name is not expanded in my Education Certificates

eg: education certificated: AAAAAAA X
Passport and other docs: AAAAAAA XXXXXX

So i mentioned that in post ITA, now i have a placeholder for uploading the legal name change doc.

By going through this forum i understand i will need to update One and Same affidavit for this change. But all sample forms i see in net mentions to get this affidavit notarized or get it done in stamp paper. Both these options are not possible in US.

So people in US who has similar name change what document did you submit?
Can i submit a document mentioning same details as one and same affidavit and Sign myself without any notary or anything?

spirit.varun

Star Member
Nov 27, 2018
Hi I am from India , but currently living in US. I have received my ITA . My last name is not expanded in my Education Certificates

eg: education certificated: AAAAAAA X
Passport and other docs: AAAAAAA XXXXXX

So i mentioned that in post ITA, now i have a placeholder for uploading the legal name change doc.

By going through this forum i understand i will need to update One and Same affidavit for this change. But all sample forms i see in net mentions to get this affidavit notarized or get it done in stamp paper. Both these options are not possible in US.

So people in US who has similar name change what document did you submit?
Can i submit a document mentioning same details as one and same affidavit and Sign myself without any notary or anything?

Hi, I am in same boat as you were, what did you have to do for legal same name document in US, any replies will be greatly apprciated.

ZionCanadahopeful

Star Member
Sep 6, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
30-10-2018
AOR Received.
22-01-2019
Med's Done....
29-02-2019
Passport Req..
01-04-2019
VISA ISSUED...
10-04-2019
LANDED..........
16-05-2019
Hi, I am in same boat as you were, what did you have to do for legal same name document in US, any replies will be greatly apprciated.
I just did a document with below details and got it notarized in UPS store. Attached it the the placeholder for the name change document

NAME AFFIDAVIT

I, the undersigned, XXXX YYYY aged – XX years, presently residing at <>, do hereby solemnly affirm and declare on oath that:

1. I am the deponent herein and a citizen of India.

2. I was born on DOB at <>

3. My name in educational documents are mentioned as XXXX Y. They are not expanded for my last name as it was how its provided in school and colleges.

4. My full name at birth is XXXX YYYY.

5. Therefore, the following names refer to the one and the same person:

XXXX Y (Name in Education documents)

XXXX YYYY (Name in Passport document)

So, I do hereby solemnly affirm that foregoing are true and correct statements.

Place: <>

Date: <>

DEPONENT

Reactions: GR19

spirit.varun

Star Member
Nov 27, 2018
I just did a document with below details and got it notarized in UPS store. Attached it the the placeholder for the name change document

NAME AFFIDAVIT

I, the undersigned, XXXX YYYY aged – XX years, presently residing at <>, do hereby solemnly affirm and declare on oath that:

1. I am the deponent herein and a citizen of India.

2. I was born on DOB at <>

3. My name in educational documents are mentioned as XXXX Y. They are not expanded for my last name as it was how its provided in school and colleges.

4. My full name at birth is XXXX YYYY.

5. Therefore, the following names refer to the one and the same person:

XXXX Y (Name in Education documents)

XXXX YYYY (Name in Passport document)

So, I do hereby solemnly affirm that foregoing are true and correct statements.

Place: <>

Date: <>

DEPONENT

Thank you very much