+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

One and Same name affidavit for people residing in US

Discussion in 'Express Entry / Expression of Interest' started by ZionCanadahopeful, Jan 20, 2019.

  1. Hi I am from India , but currently living in US. I have received my ITA . My last name is not expanded in my Education Certificates

    eg: education certificated: AAAAAAA X
    Passport and other docs: AAAAAAA XXXXXX

    So i mentioned that in post ITA, now i have a placeholder for uploading the legal name change doc.

    By going through this forum i understand i will need to update One and Same affidavit for this change. But all sample forms i see in net mentions to get this affidavit notarized or get it done in stamp paper. Both these options are not possible in US.

    So people in US who has similar name change what document did you submit?
    Can i submit a document mentioning same details as one and same affidavit and Sign myself without any notary or anything?

  2. Hi, I am in same boat as you were, what did you have to do for legal same name document in US, any replies will be greatly apprciated.
  3. I just did a document with below details and got it notarized in UPS store. Attached it the the placeholder for the name change document


    I, the undersigned, XXXX YYYY aged – XX years, presently residing at <>, do hereby solemnly affirm and declare on oath that:

    1. I am the deponent herein and a citizen of India.

    2. I was born on DOB at <>

    3. My name in educational documents are mentioned as XXXX Y. They are not expanded for my last name as it was how its provided in school and colleges.

    4. My full name at birth is XXXX YYYY.

    5. Therefore, the following names refer to the one and the same person:

    XXXX Y (Name in Education documents)

    XXXX YYYY (Name in Passport document)

    So, I do hereby solemnly affirm that foregoing are true and correct statements.

    Place: <>

    Date: <>


  4. Thank you very much

Share This Page