+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Once PR approved, will my spouse be granted a travel visa to pick it up?

Frustrated Canadian

Oct 30, 2007
Another question...

I had read in someones posts re: returning to Canada once PR approved, but can't remember where I saw it.

I have also been informed by a lawyer that once my spouse is granted PR (which seems to be soon! ha ha) they have to issue him a travel document to allow him to return to collect the PR. (we have both received letters that we have been met the requirements. He had to leave Canada before it was final b/c an extremely close family member passed.

Can someone give their opinion of whether we should continue to fight to get him back or will he be granted this visa when it is compeleted - b/c that seems like an option if it is indeed close.

Thank You

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Frustrated Canadian said:
Another question...

I had read in someones posts re: returning to Canada once PR approved, but can't remember where I saw it.

I have also been informed by a lawyer that once my spouse is granted PR (which seems to be soon! ha ha) they have to issue him a travel document to allow him to return to collect the PR. (we have both received letters that we have been met the requirements. He had to leave Canada before it was final b/c an extremely close family member passed.

Can someone give their opinion of whether we should continue to fight to get him back or will he be granted this visa when it is compeleted - b/c that seems like an option if it is indeed close.

Thank You
I think that is very unlikely that the overseas office will issue a TRV so that your spouse can return to Canada for in-Canada "landing"

PMM

Abhijith87

May 4, 2017
Re: Spouse Visa

Hi,

My wife is studying in Canada, once she completes her studies she can apply for PR. After generating 3 payslips, can I work for work permit. If do, is it mandatory to show financial proof. I f yes, please let me know the amount that I need to show.

Thanks,
Abhijith

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Spouse Visa

Abhijith87 said:
Hi,

My wife is studying in Canada, once she completes her studies she can apply for PR. After generating 3 payslips, can I work for work permit. If do, is it mandatory to show financial proof. I f yes, please let me know the amount that I need to show.

Thanks,
Abhijith
Why are you posting your question in someone else's thread?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Frustrated Canadian said:
Another question...

Thank You
So you're saying that your husband submitted an Inland application, but is no longer in Canada? If so, that's a big problem now!

Good luck!

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Ponga said:
So you're saying that your husband submitted an Inland application, but is no longer in Canada? If so, that's a big problem now!

Good luck!
Take a look at the date that was posted!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rob_TO said:
Take a look at the date that was posted!
All because some yahoo hijacked a thread from 10 years ago this morning! LOL!

Sorry. ;)