+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

On PGWP - Wife in Dubai - Best way to get here to Canada?

Dani2772

Feb 16, 2014
Hello kinda users,

I am going to apply for my PR very soon here, most probably through the CEC stream. I recently got married in Dubai and want to reunite with my wife here in calgary. Please tell me what is my best option.

1. Apply for a visitor visa from outside Canada - Processing time 22 days - whats the refusal rate?

2. Apply for a Open work permit from outside Canada, based on my PGWP - Processing times 7 Months - whats the refusal rate?

3. Apply for PR and then apply for a dual intent?

Please help me out here, I need advice ASAP

Thank you
Regards
DM

Nov 4, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO/Mississauga office
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014/03-11-2017
AOR Received.
06-01-2015/10-01-2018
IELTS Request
Provided upfront
Med's Request
14-01-2015
Med's Done....
24-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-30-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-15-2015
LANDED..........
Already in Canada :P
Dani2772 said:
Hello kinda users,

I am going to apply for my PR very soon here, most probably through the CEC stream. I recently got married in Dubai and want to reunite with my wife here in calgary. Please tell me what is my best option.

1. Apply for a visitor visa from outside Canada - Processing time 22 days - whats the refusal rate?--> relatively high refusal rate. useless visa. Cannot work, cannot study. needs to go back to home country in 6 months.

2. Apply for a Open work permit from outside Canada, based on my PGWP - Processing times 7 Months - whats the refusal rate?--> chances are higher to get visa, spouse can work with any organisation for any amount of hours

3. Apply for PR and then apply for a dual intent?--> Will take lot of time for ur approval.

Please help me out here, I need advice ASAP

Thank you
Regards
DM
You are in a little tricky situation.. If you apply for spouse's work permit will take 6 months and by next year i.e. January 2015, CEC is no longer an option for you..it is closing...
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-how.asp
Next year will be tricky under Express Entry

If you apply for PR under CEC it will take sufficient time for u and then ur spouse..

For proving "will you go back to home country" is difficult when applying under Tourist and student visa

Best bet is open work permit and u can parallely apply for CEC (but do check on CIC website if this will not have impact on ur and ur spouse's application)

Dani2772

Feb 16, 2014
Thanks Sir, that kinda helps me..

My only fear right now is the refusal rate for a visitor visa, otherwise I could ask her to apply for this visa and get here. Processing time 22 days from AD

You are right in saying that it would take 7 months to process the OWP application (which is based on my PGWP). However, is it a much safer route? is there a higher chance of getting it than the visitor visa.

I want her to be able to travel to Canada only in Jan2015 anyway, which is after our consummation (rukhsati)

Please help, I need a response soon here..

Thanks
DM