+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

On GTS Closed Work Permit, hours reduced, how that impacts?

mamze

Apr 30, 2014
I am on GTS Closed Work Permit and there is a possibility that my hours are reduced to less than 40 hours.
  1. How does that impact me?
  2. Are there certain minimum hours I should be working?
  3. Is there a certain minimum amount I should be earning while on WP and to be eligible later for CEC?
  4. I was planning on filing for CEC in November when I complete 1 year, how does reduced hours impact that?

Thanks

Your employer is responsible for paying you the wages, and for the hours, that were outlined in your Labour Market Impact Assessment under GTS. It is generally taken that 30 hours is the minimum that you should be working, and be paid for. CEC eligibility is based on 30 hours a week or more.

mamze

Apr 30, 2014
What if the salary is reduced and not the same as that in the LMIA, due to reduced hours?

dbhatia27

Apr 5, 2020
Any idea what effect will layoff/reduced hours will have on work permit holders, if there PR application is in process. Will they lose 50 points claimed for work permit, even if they have their ITA and AOR in past.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Any idea what effect will layoff/reduced hours will have on work permit holders, if there PR application is in process. Will they lose 50 points claimed for work permit, even if they have their ITA and AOR in past.
pic you get laid off you must update CIC about your change in employment. It is unclear what CIC will do about the 50 points.