+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

on campus work during study

shikitest

Mar 13, 2021
Hi everyone! I want to know about on campus works? Is it possible to find on campus work or this job is rare? if is it possible, what about salaries in on campus works? if you knows please share your knowledges.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone! I want to know about on campus works? Is it possible to find on campus work or this job is rare? if is it possible, what about salaries in on campus works? if you knows please share your knowledges.
Depends on where you go to school and the services on the campus. Expect minimum wage as most jobs will be in the service industry.

Reactions: shikitest

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Sharing my experience with Durham College. Lots of jobs available on campus. Jobs from college they usually accept 2nd sem onwards students. For private contractors (still considered on campus as per IRCC definition) such as food services, they will accept you as long as you have the work condition in your SP. Salary for jobs from college depends on position, but they were a bit over the minimum for starter positions. Salaries from private contractors are usually minimum wage.

Note, this is from my experience at Durham College in Ontario.

shikitest

Mar 13, 2021
Sharing my experience with Durham College. Lots of jobs available on campus. Jobs from college they usually accept 2nd sem onwards students. For private contractors (still considered on campus as per IRCC definition) such as food services, they will accept you as long as you have the work condition in your SP. Salary for jobs from college depends on position, but they were a bit over the minimum for starter positions. Salaries from private contractors are usually minimum wage.

Note, this is from my experience at Durham College in Ontario.
Thanks for sharing your experince! How much per week you can work on campus and salary you get? Is it possible to work more and pay your tuition fees or they don't have enough work hours? I know that on campus legally you are elligible to work non limit. Right?

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Thanks for sharing your experince! How much per week you can work on campus and salary you get? Is it possible to work more and pay your tuition fees or they don't have enough work hours? I know that on campus legally you are elligible to work non limit. Right?
You can work more than 20hrs with on-campus jobs. Salary depends on position, but usually around minimum. With literally no “Canadian work experience”, international students mostly get accepted to entry level posts. I wouldn’t count on these jobs to pay for tuition, rather just a supplement fund for your cost of living (additional funds for your rent or groceries, etc). For domestic students maybe, but fo internationals no.

I worked both for the college (peer tutor) and a private contractor (fast food attendant at Tim Hortons). By personal choice, I limit my hours to a max of 20 despite legally being allowed to work for more than 20. Juggling between work and study, 20hrs is a bit of a stretch. I have barely enough time to do my school works. The peer tutor job was a walk in the park as we were being paid by the college to lead group studies from courses we were already doing. So it’s just like getting paid for studying while helping your classmates. The fast food attendant job was more labor intensive.

shikitest

Mar 13, 2021
You can work more than 20hrs with on-campus jobs. Salary depends on position, but usually around minimum. With literally no “Canadian work experience”, international students mostly get accepted to entry level posts. I wouldn’t count on these jobs to pay for tuition, rather just a supplement fund for your cost of living (additional funds for your rent or groceries, etc). For domestic students maybe, but fo internationals no.

I worked both for the college (peer tutor) and a private contractor (fast food attendant at Tim Hortons). By personal choice, I limit my hours to a max of 20 despite legally being allowed to work for more than 20. Juggling between work and study, 20hrs is a bit of a stretch. I have barely enough time to do my school works. The peer tutor job was a walk in the park as we were being paid by the college to lead group studies from courses we were already doing. So it’s just like getting paid for studying while helping your classmates. The fast food attendant job was more labor intensive.
And how much money you can get working for college and for a private contractor at the sae time? Approximately