+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

On a casual note... LESSONS OF LIFE -Enjoy it's every Moment !!!

smiler 11

Mar 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/11/2010
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
.22/02/2011....
IELTS Request
submitted with app
File Transfer...
.....28/03/2011 approx
Med's Request
.....13/10/2011
Med's Done....
......02/12/2011
Interview........
Passport Req..
30/01/2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
asap ;0)
Great post yet again :D

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
"parents" take care of 7 son(s).
But 7 son(s) can not able to take care of parents.

Two Tragedy in the world is :
Home without Parents (AND) Parents without Home.

So, Love your parents & be a good "SON".

OMM

edmonta

Nov 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
0711 & 9212
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-May-2010
Doc's Request.
30-sept-2010
AOR Received.
1st-30th Sept 2010,2nd-08th June 2011
IELTS Request
done-7 band
File Transfer...
dont know what is this..in process from 26 april 2012
Med's Request
19-July-2013
Med's Done....
30-July-2013,ECAS updated with Medicals received on 18-Aug-2013
Interview........
not been called for..
Passport Req..
19-July-13
VISA ISSUED...
On 4th October 2013
LANDED..........
July 2014
Perception??!!!
A lady in a faded gingham dress and her husband, dressed in a homespun threadbare suit, stepped off the train in Boston, and walked timidly without an appointment into the president's outer office. The secretary could tell in a moment that such backwoods, country hicks had no business at Harvard and probably didn't even deserve to be in Cambridge. She frowned.
"We want to see the president," the man said softly.
"He'll be busy all day," the secretary snapped.
"We'll wait," the lady replied.
For hours, the secretary ignored them, hoping that the couple would finally become discouraged and go away. They didn't. And the secretary grew frustrated and finally decided to disturb the president, even though it was a chore she always regretted to do. "Maybe if they just see you for a few minutes, they'll leave," she told him. And he sighed in exasperation and nodded. Someone of his importance obviously didn't have the time to spend with them, but he detested gingham dresses and homespun suits cluttering up his outer office. The president, stern-faced with dignity, strutted toward the couple.
The lady told him, "We had a son that attended Harvard for one year. He loved Harvard. He was happy here. But about a year ago, he was accidentally killed. And my husband and I would like to erect a memorial to him, somewhere on campus". The president wasn't touched he was shocked.
"Madam," he said gruffly, "we can't put up a statue for every person who attended Harvard and died. If we did, this place would look like a cemetery."
"Oh, no," the lady explained quickly, "we don't want to erect a statue. We thought we would like to give a building to Harvard.
The president rolled his eyes. He glanced at the gingham dress and homespun suit, then exclaimed, "A building! Do you have any earthly idea how much a building costs? We have over seven and a half million dollars in the physical plant at Harvard." For a moment the lady was silent
The president was pleased. He could get rid of them now.
The lady turned to her husband and said quietly, "Is that all it costs to start a University? Why don't we just start our own?" Her husband nodded. The president's face wilted in confusion and bewilderment.
Mr. and Mrs. Leland Stanford walked away, traveling to Palo Alto, California where they established the University that bears their name, Stanford University.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Strengths are sometimes just Modified Weaknesses

A 10-year-old boy decided to study judo despite the fact that he had lost his left arm in a car accident. The boy began lessons with an old Japanese judo master. The boy was doing well, so he couldn't understand why after three months of training the master had taught him only one move.

"Sensei," the boy one day finally asked, "Shouldn't I be learning more moves?"

"This is the only move you should know; and this is the only move you'll ever need to know," the sensei replied.

Not quite understanding, but believing in his teacher, the boy kept training. Several months later, the sensei took the boy to his first tournament.

Surprising himself, the boy easily won his first two matches.

The third match proved to be more difficult, but after some time, his opponent became impatient and charged; the boy deftly used his 'one move' to win the match.

Still amazed by his success the boy was now in the finals. This time, his opponent was bigger, stronger, and more experienced. For a while, the boy appeared to be overmatched. Concerned that the boy might get hurt, the referee called a time-out.

He was about to stop the match when the sensei intervened. "No," the sensei insisted, "Let him continue."

Soon after the match resumed, his opponent made a critical mistake: he dropped his guard. Instantly, the boy used his 'move' to pin him. The boy won the match and the tournament. He was the champion.

On the way home, the boy and sensei reviewed every move in each and every match. Then the boy summoned the courage to ask what was really on his mind.

"Sensei, how did I win the tournament with only one move?"

"You won for two reasons," the sensei answered. "First, you've almost mastered one of the most difficult throws in all of judo. And second, the only known defense for that move is for your opponent to grab your left arm."

The boy's biggest weakness had become his greatest strength.

Sometimes we feel that we have certain weaknesses and we blame God, the Circumstances and our Self for it... but we never understand that our weakness could become our strength one day.

"Each of us is special and important... so never think you have any weakness, never think of pride or pain, just live your life to its fullest and extract the best out of it !"

Qorax

deex

Star Member
Aug 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
with appli
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
with appli
File Transfer...
May 2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 2012
The piece says it beautifully :)
thanks Qorax
I appreciate your good work- this n so many before this.

deex

Kanamen

Champion Member
Oct 20, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I ran into a stranger as he passed by. "Oh, excuse me please" was my reply. He said, "Please excuse me too; I wasn't even watching for you."
We were very polite, this stranger and I. We went on our way and we said good-bye.

But at home a different story is told, how we treat our loved ones, young and old.Later that day, my daughter stood beside me very still.When I turned, I nearly knocked her down. "Move out of the way," I said with a frown.

My daughter walked away, her little heart broken. I didn't realize how harshly I would spoken.While I lay awake in bed, God's still small voice came to me and said,

"While dealing with a stranger (society), common courtesy you use, but the children you love, you seem to abuse. Look on the kitchen floor, you will find some flowers there by the door. Those are the flowers your daughter brought for you. She picked them herself, pink, yellow and blue. Your daughter stood quietly not to spoil the surprise, and you never saw the tears in her eyes."

Life is good. It's better when loved ones are with you..... Don't waste or postpone any opportunity you have to show your love to your dear one's.....PLEASE ...your love can make a lot of difference to their life.... Absence of your love can also do a lot of difference to their life......

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
I am Tired !
By Robert A. Hall | Thursday, Feb 19, 2009
http://tartanmarine.blogspot.com/2009/02/robert.html

I'll be 63 soon... I've worked, hard, since I was 18. Despite some health challenges, I still put in 50-hour weeks, and haven't called in sick in 7-8 years. I make a good salary, but I didn't inherit my job or my income, and I worked to get where I am. Given the economy, there's no retirement in sight, and I'm tired. Very tired.

I'm tired of being told that I have to “spread the wealth around” to people who don't have my work ethic. I'm tired of being told the govt. will take the money I earned, by force if necessary, and give it to people too lazy or stupid to earn it.

I'm tired of being told that I have to pay more taxes to “keep people in their homes.” Sure, if they lost their jobs or got sick I'm willing to help. But if they bought McMansions at 3-times the price of our paid-off, $250,000 condo, on one-third of my salary, then let the left-wing Congresscritters who passed Fannie and Freddie and the Community Reinvestment Act that created the bubble help them—with their own money.

I'm tired of being told how bad America is by left-wing millionaires like Michael Moore, George Soros and Hollywood entertainers who live in luxury because of the opportunities America offers. In 30-years if they get their way, the US will have the religious freedom and women's rights of Saudi Arabia, the economy of Zimbabwe, the freedom of the press of China, the crime and violence of Mexico, the tolerance for Gay people of Iran, and the freedom of speech of Venezuela. Won't multiculturalism be beautiful?

I believe “a man should be judged by the content of his character, not by the color of his skin.” I'm tired of being told that “race doesn't matter”...

I'm tired of being told I must lower my living standard to fight global warming, which no one is allowed to debate. My wife and I live in a 2-bedroom apartment and carpool together 5-miles to our jobs. We also own a 3-bedroom condo where our daughter and granddaughter live. Our carbon footprint is about 5% of Al Gore's, and if you're greener than Gore, you're green enough.

I'm tired of being told that drug addicts have a disease, and I must help support and treat them, and pay for the damage they do. Did a giant germ rush out of a dark alley, grab them, and stuff white powder up their noses while they tried to fight it off? ...I damn sure think druggies chose to take drugs.

I'm tired of illegal aliens being called “undocumented workers,” especially the ones who aren't working, but are living on welfare or crime. What's next? Calling drug dealers, “Undocumented Pharmacists”? ...I'm willing to fast-track for citizenship any person who can speak English, doesn't have a criminal record and who is self-supporting without family on welfare, or who serves honorably for 3-years in our military. Those are the citizens we need.

I'm tired of hearing wealthy athletes, entertainers and politicians of both parties talking about innocent mistakes, stupid mistakes or youthful mistakes, when we all know they think their only mistake was getting caught. I'm tired of people with a sense of entitlement, rich or poor.

Speaking of poor, I'm tired of hearing people with air-conditioned homes, color TVs and two cars called poor. The majority of Americans didn't have that in 1970, but we didn't know we were “poor.” The poverty pimps have to keep changing the definition of poor to keep the dollars flowing.

I'm real tired of people who don't take responsibility for their lives and actions. I'm tired of hearing them blame the government, or discrimination, or big-whatever for their problems.

Yes, I'm damn tired. But I'm also glad to be 63. Because, mostly, I'm not going to get to see the world these people are making. I'm just sorry for my granddaughter.

Reproduced by
Qorax
________________________________________________________________________________________
Robert A. Hall is a Marine Vietnam veteran who served five terms in the Massachusetts state senate.

mycan

Sep 1, 2011
Brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yes
Kanamen said:
I ran into a stranger as he passed by. "Oh, excuse me please" was my reply. He said, "Please excuse me too; I wasn't even watching for you."
We were very polite, this stranger and I. We went on our way and we said good-bye.

But at home a different story is told, how we treat our loved ones, young and old.Later that day, my daughter stood beside me very still.When I turned, I nearly knocked her down. "Move out of the way," I said with a frown.

My daughter walked away, her little heart broken. I didn't realize how harshly I would spoken.While I lay awake in bed, God's still small voice came to me and said,

"While dealing with a stranger (society), common courtesy you use, but the children you love, you seem to abuse. Look on the kitchen floor, you will find some flowers there by the door. Those are the flowers your daughter brought for you. She picked them herself, pink, yellow and blue. Your daughter stood quietly not to spoil the surprise, and you never saw the tears in her eyes."

Life is good. It's better when loved ones are with you..... Don't waste or postpone any opportunity you have to show your love to your dear one's.....PLEASE ...your love can make a lot of difference to their life.... Absence of your love can also do a lot of difference to their life......
Nice One.

mycan

mycan

Sep 1, 2011
Brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yes
qorax said:
I am Tired !
By Robert A. Hall | Thursday, Feb 19, 2009
http://tartanmarine.blogspot.com/2009/02/robert.html

I'll be 63 soon... I've worked, hard, since I was 18. Despite some health challenges, I still put in 50-hour weeks, and haven't called in sick in 7-8 years. I make a good salary, but I didn't inherit my job or my income, and I worked to get where I am. Given the economy, there's no retirement in sight, and I'm tired. Very tired.

I'm tired of being told that I have to “spread the wealth around” to people who don't have my work ethic. I'm tired of being told the govt. will take the money I earned, by force if necessary, and give it to people too lazy or stupid to earn it.

I'm tired of being told that I have to pay more taxes to “keep people in their homes.” Sure, if they lost their jobs or got sick I'm willing to help. But if they bought McMansions at 3-times the price of our paid-off, $250,000 condo, on one-third of my salary, then let the left-wing Congresscritters who passed Fannie and Freddie and the Community Reinvestment Act that created the bubble help them—with their own money.

I'm tired of being told how bad America is by left-wing millionaires like Michael Moore, George Soros and Hollywood entertainers who live in luxury because of the opportunities America offers. In 30-years if they get their way, the US will have the religious freedom and women's rights of Saudi Arabia, the economy of Zimbabwe, the freedom of the press of China, the crime and violence of Mexico, the tolerance for Gay people of Iran, and the freedom of speech of Venezuela. Won't multiculturalism be beautiful?

I believe “a man should be judged by the content of his character, not by the color of his skin.” I'm tired of being told that “race doesn't matter”...

I'm tired of being told I must lower my living standard to fight global warming, which no one is allowed to debate. My wife and I live in a 2-bedroom apartment and carpool together 5-miles to our jobs. We also own a 3-bedroom condo where our daughter and granddaughter live. Our carbon footprint is about 5% of Al Gore's, and if you're greener than Gore, you're green enough.

I'm tired of being told that drug addicts have a disease, and I must help support and treat them, and pay for the damage they do. Did a giant germ rush out of a dark alley, grab them, and stuff white powder up their noses while they tried to fight it off? ...I damn sure think druggies chose to take drugs.

I'm tired of illegal aliens being called “undocumented workers,” especially the ones who aren't working, but are living on welfare or crime. What's next? Calling drug dealers, “Undocumented Pharmacists”? ...I'm willing to fast-track for citizenship any person who can speak English, doesn't have a criminal record and who is self-supporting without family on welfare, or who serves honorably for 3-years in our military. Those are the citizens we need.

I'm tired of hearing wealthy athletes, entertainers and politicians of both parties talking about innocent mistakes, stupid mistakes or youthful mistakes, when we all know they think their only mistake was getting caught. I'm tired of people with a sense of entitlement, rich or poor.

Speaking of poor, I'm tired of hearing people with air-conditioned homes, color TVs and two cars called poor. The majority of Americans didn't have that in 1970, but we didn't know we were “poor.” The poverty pimps have to keep changing the definition of poor to keep the dollars flowing.

I'm real tired of people who don't take responsibility for their lives and actions. I'm tired of hearing them blame the government, or discrimination, or big-whatever for their problems.

Yes, I'm damn tired. But I'm also glad to be 63. Because, mostly, I'm not going to get to see the world these people are making. I'm just sorry for my granddaughter.

Reproduced by
Qorax
________________________________________________________________________________________
Robert A. Hall is a Marine Vietnam veteran who served five terms in the Massachusetts state senate.
Oops. Excellent article..... Eye opener in many ways.

mycan

mycan

Sep 1, 2011
Brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yes
JUST STAY

A nurse took the tired, anxious serviceman to the bedside.

"Your son is here," she said to the old man.

She had to repeat the words several times before the patient's eyes opened.

Heavily sedated because of the pain of his heart attack, he dimly saw the young uniformed soldier standing outside the oxygen tent. He reached out his hand. The soldier wrapped his toughened fingers around the old man's limp ones, squeezing a message of love and encouragement.

The nurse brought a chair so that the soldier could sit beside the bed. All
through the night, the young soldier sat there in the poorly lighted ward, holding the old man's hand and offering him words of love and strength.
Occasionally, the nurse suggested that the soldier move away and rest awhile.

He refused. Whenever the nurse came into the ward, the soldier was oblivious of her and of the night noises of the hospital – the clanking of the oxygen tank, the laughter of the night staff members exchanging greetings, the cries and moans of the other patients.

Now and then she heard him say a few gentle words. The dying man said nothing, only held tightly to his son all through the night.

Along towards dawn, the old man died. The soldier released the now lifeless hand he had been holding and went to tell the nurse. While she did what she had to do, he waited.

Finally, she returned. She started to offer words of sympathy, but the soldier interrupted her.

"Who was that man?" he asked. The nurse was startled, "He was your father," she answered.

"No, he wasn't," the soldier replied. "I never saw him before in my life."

"Then why didn't you say something when I took you to him?"

"I knew right away there had been a mistake, but I also knew he needed his son, and his son just wasn't here. When I realized that he was too sick to tell whether or not I was his son, knowing how much he needed me, I stayed."

The next time someone needs you ... Just be there. Stay.

from collections - mycan

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
What a Remarkable thread this is !

mycan

Sep 1, 2011
Brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yes
COOKIES

A young lady was waiting for her flight in a boarding room of an airport. As she would need to wait for a long hours, she decided to buy a book to spend her time along with a packet of cookies. She sat down in a chair where the packet of cookies lay. A man was sitting next to her on the other side of the packet of cookies and was reading a newspaper.

When she took the first cookie the man also took one. She felt irritated but said nothing. She just thought ‘what a nerve! If I was in the mood I would punch him on his face for daring.’

For each cookie she took, the man took one too. This infuriated her but she didn’t want to cause a scene.

When the last cookie remained she thought ‘Ah. What this abusive man will do now.

Then the man took the last cookie, divided and gave one half to her eating the other half. She felt that was too much and was totally angry now. In a huff she took her belongings stormed to the boarding hall.

When she sat down in the plane, she looked inside her hand bag to take out the book and glasses, she was surprised to see the cookie packet untouched and unopened.

She felt so ashamed and realized she was so wrong. She had for gotten the cookie in her hand bag.

The man was sharing even his last cookie with her without feeling angered or bitter

from collections - mycan

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mycan said:
COOKIES

A young lady was waiting for her flight in a boarding room of an airport. As she would need to wait for a long hours, she decided to buy a book to spend her time along with a packet of cookies. She sat down in a chair where the packet of cookies lay. A man was sitting next to her on the other side of the packet of cookies and was reading a newspaper.

When she took the first cookie the man also took one. She felt irritated but said nothing. She just thought ‘what a nerve! If I was in the mood I would punch him on his face for daring.'

For each cookie she took, the man took one too. This infuriated her but she didn't want to cause a scene.

When the last cookie remained she thought ‘Ah. What this abusive man will do now.

Then the man took the last cookie, divided and gave one half to her eating the other half. She felt that was too much and was totally angry now. In a huff she took her belongings stormed to the boarding hall.

When she sat down in the plane, she looked inside her hand bag to take out the book and glasses, she was surprised to see the cookie packet untouched and unopened.

She felt so ashamed and realized she was so wrong. She had for gotten the cookie in her hand bag.

The man was sharing even his last cookie with her without feeling angered or bitter

from collections - mycan

hmmmmmmmmmmmm :D wow wow wow wow.......really loved your post............++++++++++1111111111111 for you.......thanks much for sharing...........................pls keep adding more....................

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Good going MyCan... keep it up !

Ps.: The 'Just Stay' one was a bit better formatted here:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/search-results/-t38987.0.html;msg493035;topicseen#msg493035